What about cancun?

What about cancun?

Anonymous Lurker
Anonymous Lurker

February 21st, 2013, 12:44 pm #1

I see Cancun is a little cheaper - but worried they won't have any blonde. green eyed donors to choose from!

Frau
Frau

February 21st, 2013, 2:01 pm #2

I almost went to Cancun but they didn't have any light haired (sandy-light brown) green (truly green eyes, not hazel) eyed, tall donors.

I checked with two clinics there but it may have changed. Good luck with your search.

Anonymous Lurker
Anonymous Lurker

February 21st, 2013, 2:14 pm #3

I am true green eyed too - with reddish blonde hair - I am touch Irish.

February 22nd, 2013, 1:00 am #4

I see Cancun is a little cheaper - but worried they won't have any blonde. green eyed donors to choose from!
I've had plenty of time to check out clinics worldwide as I've been waiting to do a DE cycle now for about three years due to personal circumstances I've kept putting it off.

I am currently in communications with Donna at Irega in Cancun, and I'm loving what I'm hearing. Donna is excellent at communicating quickly and answers my questions fully.

Cancun seems to be to be an excellent proposition for those looking for a cheaper DE option.
Price is $8350 for a donor cycle and includes: donor, medication, monitoring, IVF/ICSI, transfer, gender swaying (using Erikson method), vitrification of remaining embies, 6 months storage, airport transportation, cell phone whilst in Cancun and beachfront accommodation for 7 nights. If your cycle fails, they will do a FET for free (just pay meds). They also have a guarantee of 8 fresh eggs.
Irega do PGD if needed also.
They are sitting on a 69% success rate, and are finding high success with frozens from DE as well.
The area of Cancun is away from the more troubled areas in Mexico.
Whilst you don't see a picture of your donor, they will send you photos of features eg. eyes, nose, ears etc.

I'm not trying to match up looks particularly but it is very important to me to have a known donor as I want to be able to provide extensive information to any child born of the donation. For this reason, I was searching for clinics that either had open ID donors or allowed you to take your own donor (this wiped out most of Europe!). I don't have the money to do a cycle with an agency donor in the USA and I was looking at CNY but all their donors are anonymous and eventually I decided that their rates were too low and their practices too 'loose' for me (the consensus is if you want to see how good a lab a clinic has, check out their DE success rate). This made me realise CNY probably has some major issues in their lab.

Cancun allows me to take my own donor and possibly, this could be an option for you if you went the DE route. I advertised on surromoms online and offered no financial compensation except to pay for accommodation, travel expenses and a daily living expense during the cycle. To my surprise, I had a number of genuine enquiries - including some previous successful donors who sent me their complete profiles and workups from prior donations. This could be a way for you to get your green-eyed donor!

Anyway, all the best - maybe we'll meet up in Cancun later this year!!!

Honey.

(P.S. I've just noticed reading one of your other threads that you have a mixed race relationship - another similarity as my child's Dad is African. You mention that your daughter is a mix of both of you. Given what I've learnt about genetics when there is mixed race it really is a wild card with how the kids will turn out. I have two sets of friends in mixed race marriages, both with three kids each. Child 1 is in middle of both parents, Child 2 almost as dark as darker parent and Child 3 fair skin, green eyes, blonde hair but with the wild African curls. Another mixed race couple I know just had twins - one fair and one dark! It really opens the ball park so wide that finding a blonde, green-eyed donor isn't going to give you any type of guarantee of how the children would look.)
Last edited by aussiehoneygirl on February 22nd, 2013, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2014, 3:58 pm #5

I recently went to Irega in Cancun (I am 45) and had 38 donors with photos and blood types and lots of information from whom to choose. I asked questions regarding donors (like proven with live birth, own child, current job) and got it, though generally that was already available. The cost was $8500 with all included except my meds, travel and stay. My meds were quite cheap but I skipped the Lupron (still had thick triple stripe lining). However, BFN. No guarantees. Doctor was shocked (she did home calls for no charge) and is reworking meds and asked for clarification on a few tests before I return. I am Latina but you would NEVER guess it--blond, green eyes, very, very white skin. There were a ton of donors who are very white. You generally get baby photos and adult (so you do realize that even white babies can look darker due to a simple tan with more sun time--same is true for me when I am there). Some of the choices are from white donors from Europe who choose to live in Mexico. Just a thought.