We have four on ice

We have four on ice

June 13th, 2011, 4:25 pm #1

Of the 6 that came back as normal, per CGH:

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

I'm actually quite pleased. I was hoping for three to make it to freezing.

Of course, I'm a nervous wreck in every other respect. But - having four on ice is comforting.

June 13th, 2011, 6:09 pm #2

That is great.

Now that I'm not cycling I can't BELIEVE the toll it takes emotionally. Holy crud! Seriously, I have energy, I'm not snapping at anyone or feeling like a madwoman.

I think my heart is basically back to a normal beat.

It's HARD, doing this!!! I don't think anything has ever been this nerve wracking in my life. Ever.

Hang in there!!!

Malory
Malory

June 13th, 2011, 6:11 pm #3

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

Of course, I'm a nervous wreck in every other respect. But - having four on ice is comforting.
They were all tested, so you know you have four good ones - thats FANTASTIC!

June 13th, 2011, 6:17 pm #4

Still, CGH is 90% accurate, not 100%, but I'll take those odds. I'll take that over the 5% I was facing with another round of OE.

June 13th, 2011, 6:29 pm #5

That is great.

Now that I'm not cycling I can't BELIEVE the toll it takes emotionally. Holy crud! Seriously, I have energy, I'm not snapping at anyone or feeling like a madwoman.

I think my heart is basically back to a normal beat.

It's HARD, doing this!!! I don't think anything has ever been this nerve wracking in my life. Ever.

Hang in there!!!
This cycle has really tested my limits in ways I don't think I've ever been tested.

Deciding to do DE tested my ability to accept things that are outside of my control. It also tested my ability to see things from someone else's perspective, in this case, DH. He was pretty gung ho about DE from the start. I had a harder time with it. Yes, I admit, I saw DE as a personal failure. But, I tried to see it through his eyes, and it gradually and then clearly made sense for us. For some reason, I never had an issue with adoption, but I had a hard time wrapping my head around DE.

And this cycle has also tested my multi-tasking abilities and limits. More things have fallen through the cracks, both at home and at work, than I think has ever been the case. I even forgot to pay the third party CGH lab on time - and that oversight nearly cost us a CGH cycle. I've always prided myself on my ability to keep track of just about everything at all times, even in my sleep.

Well, as it turns out I have limits. (Who knew?) But it also takes a lot to reach those limits, as it turns out. Most importantly, DH and I are stronger than ever. Good life lessons.

But, damn, woman. Am I exhausted.

zaytune
zaytune

June 13th, 2011, 7:50 pm #6

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

Congrats ladymagoo . So happy for you . Have been away from the boards . Things are on hold for us . Donor still hasnt had her day 3 yet , plus she is not available until september . Came back and saw your good good news . Just waiting to hear the big one now . When is your beta ? Are you planning to POAS ?

June 13th, 2011, 8:04 pm #7

I'm sorry things are on hold for you now. That must be very disappointing. Has she passed all medical screening yet, or is that still in progress?

June 13th, 2011, 10:06 pm #8

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

That is great news. You are so lucky to have 4 frozen as well, as you say a comfort to know they are there in the wings.

I wish you the very, very best of outcomes on this one LadyMagoo. Hugs to you.

Intermountain
Intermountain

June 13th, 2011, 10:48 pm #9

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

It feels so nice to see your update Ladymagoo - loved the bean pic before too . That is a fantastic news - keep them coming!

Bharani
Bharani

June 13th, 2011, 10:55 pm #10

1 transferred
4 frozen
1 didn't make it

best of luck