Washington Moms

Washington Moms

April 5th, 2012, 11:52 pm #1

saw this on the CNN website about high rate of whooping cough in your area:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/0 ... ?hpt=he_c2

April 6th, 2012, 1:34 am #2

Yes, this is scary. Very serious for the lttle ones.

April 6th, 2012, 4:00 am #3

I just had one. She was surprised it wasn't recommended when I was PG. King County isn't in an epidemic yet, but Snohomish County is! Not to far from you!

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt

April 6th, 2012, 4:01 am #4

saw this on the CNN website about high rate of whooping cough in your area:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/0 ... ?hpt=he_c2
Snohomish county has lots of pertussis right now.

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt

April 6th, 2012, 2:17 pm #5

I just had one. She was surprised it wasn't recommended when I was PG. King County isn't in an epidemic yet, but Snohomish County is! Not to far from you!

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt
DH had the shot while I was pg, but I was told I had to wait until delivery, and they would do it in the hospital before I was discharged. Well, somehow it didn't happen, and with J's premature arrival, I forgot all about it until after I was discharged. Called my OB's office, but they didn't have it. My GP was back home (a 2-hour drive), and although I asked the NICU nurses, they couldn't arrange for me to get one either. So I didn't get it until after we brought J home. It is important, though.

April 6th, 2012, 5:55 pm #6

1st kids for us!
5th DE attempt
But just to be sure I need to call my clinic and verify one more time. I'll double check on DD and DH too but I think we are all good.

Now the next thing is convincing the relatives they all need shots too. . Let's just say they think they don't need them. But whooping cough is highly contagious.

The family doctor scared the heck out of us yesterday warning us not to let baby boy be around any sick people at all for the next two months as a precaution. Poor little guy already has a little cold he either caught from DD or his baby nephew. The doctor is really strict and said baby boy should not be around anyone that is sick at all, even his sister.

April 7th, 2012, 4:15 pm #7

per the ped's advice. Of course, he was a preemie and is getting the Synagis for RSV. Knovk on wood, he's not been sick yet.