Upset-may have ruined DE cycle

Upset-may have ruined DE cycle

Anon for this
Anon for this

June 16th, 2012, 4:18 pm #1

Hi,

I am very upset. I know that we are not supposed to engage in unprotected sex while cycling. I though we were safe because we had sex a week before and a few days after I ovulated. It's early yet, but I can see a shadow of a line on a cheapie HPT that is known for evaps but I don't usually have problems with it. I am angry because I have never been able to sustain a pregnancy with my own eggs i would not expect this tome to be any different I can't lose months again waiting for a m/c. I am so mad with myself for not using contraceptives. Also, Im on Lupron which would not be good for any fetus. Can't take progesterone now just in case it's a false alarm. This is a mess. I know this might seem crazy to some, but I'm hoping for a stark white HPT test tomorrow. Sorry for the vent. Thanks for listening.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

June 16th, 2012, 4:54 pm #2

b/c if you are lucky enough to be pregnant then you need to stop the Lupron. I would not worry about a future cycle right now and pay attention to your potential baby. You should get on progesterone soon if you are pg to help support it.

HTH,

FB

June 16th, 2012, 5:39 pm #3

I hope this is your lucky month and it works. Go call your doctor.

June 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm #4

Hi,

I am very upset. I know that we are not supposed to engage in unprotected sex while cycling. I though we were safe because we had sex a week before and a few days after I ovulated. It's early yet, but I can see a shadow of a line on a cheapie HPT that is known for evaps but I don't usually have problems with it. I am angry because I have never been able to sustain a pregnancy with my own eggs i would not expect this tome to be any different I can't lose months again waiting for a m/c. I am so mad with myself for not using contraceptives. Also, Im on Lupron which would not be good for any fetus. Can't take progesterone now just in case it's a false alarm. This is a mess. I know this might seem crazy to some, but I'm hoping for a stark white HPT test tomorrow. Sorry for the vent. Thanks for listening.
My first attempt at IVF had me start lupron on cd 21. I asked RE what would happen if I managed to somehow get pg that cycle, worried about the lupron. He said lupron wasn't a concern until later on in the pregnancy when sex organs were forming. So don't freak on the lupron bit of it. I hope things work out for you.
Last edited by ekb88 on June 16th, 2012, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonforthis
Anonforthis

June 17th, 2012, 12:29 am #5

b/c if you are lucky enough to be pregnant then you need to stop the Lupron. I would not worry about a future cycle right now and pay attention to your potential baby. You should get on progesterone soon if you are pg to help support it.

HTH,

FB
Thank you both. I really appreciate your comments. I will definitely call the doctor if the test is still positive tomorrow. I took another test a little while ago and it was negative. I'm hoping and praying that the first test was just an evap.

Anonforthis
Anonforthis

June 17th, 2012, 12:30 am #6

My first attempt at IVF had me start lupron on cd 21. I asked RE what would happen if I managed to somehow get pg that cycle, worried about the lupron. He said lupron wasn't a concern until later on in the pregnancy when sex organs were forming. So don't freak on the lupron bit of it. I hope things work out for you.
That makes me feel so much better. Thanks a lot.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 17th, 2012, 2:52 pm #7

lots of babies born with moms having taken lupron in the first week or so. No harm done. I specifically asked if we could try the lupron cycle and that is what he said.