Update on the Lupron, E2 and AF post from below

Update on the Lupron, E2 and AF post from below

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 28th, 2011, 11:37 pm #1

Well, I called the clinic and told her that my back is aching like AF wants to come. (Usually this lasts for 1-2 days and then AF comes and then it is over.) Well, my back has been aching since thurs/fri as I went off of BCP on Tues and started E2 on Friday. The nurse told me to take tylenol for my back pain and that they would check my lining on Thurs.

I am thinking that this cycle is doomed as my body wants AF to come and I dont need the damn tylenol. I wish someone on here could tell me to relax that this is normal and that it will not mess up my cycle. I guess I will know more on Thurs.

Thanks everyone,

futurebeauty

November 29th, 2011, 1:34 am #2

not having AF come before starting the estrace? Is there some documented study to support it? My biggest concern is that you might have break through bleeding and it would affect you ability to do a transfer. I also find it interesting they would have you go off the pill and then wait three days if they are trying to prevent AF from coming on and build a lining. Are you doing a fresh cycle and trying to synch with a donor? Is that why they are doing it this way?

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 29th, 2011, 2:29 am #3

of our cycles. Sorry did not mean to leave that out. I took my last BCP on tues so it was only 2 days and they had me stop the pill on wed after my US showed my lining at 5 mm (they like it at that stage b/t 3 - 5mm).

So maybe I am freaking out and causing myself undo drama but I don't want to waste all my funds on a cycle that will not work. I just got a voicemail message from the nurse since my last post and she said that the doctor said having AF cramps is normal at this time and I should be fine as long as I continue w/ my E2 pills, vivelle patch and 10 units of lupron. I guess I have to trust the process but I only have one shot at this point in time.

Thanks Kacee for your support/comfort.

futurebeauty

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 29th, 2011, 3:40 am #4

And they just build up the lining from there. Happens to some people on BCP. If your baseline was only 5mm, that may explain why.

November 29th, 2011, 3:53 am #5

of our cycles. Sorry did not mean to leave that out. I took my last BCP on tues so it was only 2 days and they had me stop the pill on wed after my US showed my lining at 5 mm (they like it at that stage b/t 3 - 5mm).

So maybe I am freaking out and causing myself undo drama but I don't want to waste all my funds on a cycle that will not work. I just got a voicemail message from the nurse since my last post and she said that the doctor said having AF cramps is normal at this time and I should be fine as long as I continue w/ my E2 pills, vivelle patch and 10 units of lupron. I guess I have to trust the process but I only have one shot at this point in time.

Thanks Kacee for your support/comfort.

futurebeauty
lining thin enough that they determined you would be okay to start estrace. Did you do BW and US for lining after stopping BCP's?

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 29th, 2011, 4:51 am #6

My results: LH=0.374, FSH=0.730, E2=24.7 and P4= 1.41 and cervical lining at 5 mm. So after this appt and results, they determined later that day to stop BCP and begin E2 on Friday. I continued lupron at 10 units the entire time.

Last yr when I did my failed OE IVF, I felt so much more in control and knowledgeable about the process vs now as a DE recipient. I live 3 hrs away from the clinic but they do call back and respond well to me. I am just in the dark w/ the process and understanding it all and don't even know what questions I should be asking.

Thanks again Kacee and anon,

futurebeauty

E&H
E&H

November 29th, 2011, 6:21 am #7

I hope you don't have to worry any further.

November 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm #8

My results: LH=0.374, FSH=0.730, E2=24.7 and P4= 1.41 and cervical lining at 5 mm. So after this appt and results, they determined later that day to stop BCP and begin E2 on Friday. I continued lupron at 10 units the entire time.

Last yr when I did my failed OE IVF, I felt so much more in control and knowledgeable about the process vs now as a DE recipient. I live 3 hrs away from the clinic but they do call back and respond well to me. I am just in the dark w/ the process and understanding it all and don't even know what questions I should be asking.

Thanks again Kacee and anon,

futurebeauty
nt

November 30th, 2011, 5:24 am #9

I hope you don't have to worry any further.
Thank you E & H (N/T)

November 30th, 2011, 5:25 am #10

nt
Thank you Kacee (n/t)