Update- no MTX, did a MVA instead

February 12th, 2014, 4:39 pm #1

After 13 hrs at the ER yesterday, I did not get methrotrexate. They did a repeat u/s and "think" they saw a tiny gestational sac in the uterus..We opted to do a MVA-manual vacuum aspiration--basically what they do for early abortions. Unfortunately I was alone as DH was at work and we thought I was just going to get a shot...so I drove myself. They couldn't give me narcotics or anesthesia since I had to drive home. It was very traumatic, painful procedure. Hopefully it worked. It basically sucks everything out of the ute so hopefully the little sac let go. I will get a repeat beta tomorrow to see if it dropped appropriately..

February 12th, 2014, 5:28 pm #2

I'm glad you didn't have to go the MTX route but I am so sorry you were alone for your procedure. It sounds like it was wretched. I hope today you are taking it easy and having a good long cry. Sending major hugs. I hope you see a dip in your HCG with your next labs.

February 12th, 2014, 5:59 pm #3

After 13 hrs at the ER yesterday, I did not get methrotrexate. They did a repeat u/s and "think" they saw a tiny gestational sac in the uterus..We opted to do a MVA-manual vacuum aspiration--basically what they do for early abortions. Unfortunately I was alone as DH was at work and we thought I was just going to get a shot...so I drove myself. They couldn't give me narcotics or anesthesia since I had to drive home. It was very traumatic, painful procedure. Hopefully it worked. It basically sucks everything out of the ute so hopefully the little sac let go. I will get a repeat beta tomorrow to see if it dropped appropriately..
An MVA with no pain relief? I would have come back. Wishing you only better things from here on out! Maggie (in VA)

February 12th, 2014, 6:03 pm #4

I just spoke to my RE in Atlanta and he was shocked/horrified that I did that with no drugs. He said they don't even do then down there.. I just wanted it over with and didn't want to go back. I probably would not make the same decision again but I guess Im stronger than I think...

February 12th, 2014, 6:15 pm #5

Hoping other recent recipient did not get pregnant, since iirc you do not have to try these frozens first if she did not? You deserve to start over with a new cycle.

sugar
sugar

February 12th, 2014, 7:03 pm #6

no words just heartfelt support and consolation.

February 12th, 2014, 7:03 pm #7

Hoping other recent recipient did not get pregnant, since iirc you do not have to try these frozens first if she did not? You deserve to start over with a new cycle.
The other woman is pregnant so I have to use the frosties. Just spoke to doctor and he said our embryology report from day 3 wasn't very good but the 3 that were "ok" on day 3 were blasts by day 5&6. He says we may just have had bad luck getting the crappier eggs in the bunch. Statistically that shouldn't happen but who knows. He said the embryos that were ok on day 3 did well from day 3 to 5 so he doesn't want to blame sperm at this point.. In my heart I feel differently but that's because I lived those first two cycles with CNY... He said if ai had done the single cycle, the embryo we transferred would have qualified for the High quality embryo guarantee so we'd be shit out of luck if we did the single cycle.

February 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm #8

I'm so sorry you had to go through that alone. Many hugs. You are strong, even if you don't feel that way all the time. I hope next time around, you don't need to be.

Sophie

February 12th, 2014, 7:47 pm #9

Oh, you are strong. I wish I would have been nearby, because I would have definitely drove you home. Take care of yourself and hope the healing process is quick. I'm so sorry that this has happened and everything you are encountering. Thinking of you often, please keep us posted. I may be totally wrong, but I would not blame it on the swimmers either. I have absolutely nothing to base that on, other than my DH's swimmers had issues and we finally got the embryos we needed with them (not a fresh sample either).

(((Sending many hugs)))

thesameboat
thesameboat

February 12th, 2014, 7:53 pm #10

Back whe we were trying with OE, I used to have to do egg retrievals with no meds. I imagine this was similar. But much sadder. I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.