Bteacher
Bteacher

February 12th, 2014, 10:13 pm #11

After 13 hrs at the ER yesterday, I did not get methrotrexate. They did a repeat u/s and "think" they saw a tiny gestational sac in the uterus..We opted to do a MVA-manual vacuum aspiration--basically what they do for early abortions. Unfortunately I was alone as DH was at work and we thought I was just going to get a shot...so I drove myself. They couldn't give me narcotics or anesthesia since I had to drive home. It was very traumatic, painful procedure. Hopefully it worked. It basically sucks everything out of the ute so hopefully the little sac let go. I will get a repeat beta tomorrow to see if it dropped appropriately..
Hope you can take some time for yourself and to heal from all that you have been through. Sending good wishes.

February 12th, 2014, 10:53 pm #12

After 13 hrs at the ER yesterday, I did not get methrotrexate. They did a repeat u/s and "think" they saw a tiny gestational sac in the uterus..We opted to do a MVA-manual vacuum aspiration--basically what they do for early abortions. Unfortunately I was alone as DH was at work and we thought I was just going to get a shot...so I drove myself. They couldn't give me narcotics or anesthesia since I had to drive home. It was very traumatic, painful procedure. Hopefully it worked. It basically sucks everything out of the ute so hopefully the little sac let go. I will get a repeat beta tomorrow to see if it dropped appropriately..
I am so sorry. You have just been through way too much. Sending love and hugs.

ks
ks

February 13th, 2014, 1:21 am #13

Oh I'm so sorry! This has been so incredibly hard on you. I wish I was in your area so I could have taken care of you. ((hugs))
Thinking of you!
ks

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

February 13th, 2014, 3:09 am #14

The other woman is pregnant so I have to use the frosties. Just spoke to doctor and he said our embryology report from day 3 wasn't very good but the 3 that were "ok" on day 3 were blasts by day 5&6. He says we may just have had bad luck getting the crappier eggs in the bunch. Statistically that shouldn't happen but who knows. He said the embryos that were ok on day 3 did well from day 3 to 5 so he doesn't want to blame sperm at this point.. In my heart I feel differently but that's because I lived those first two cycles with CNY... He said if ai had done the single cycle, the embryo we transferred would have qualified for the High quality embryo guarantee so we'd be shit out of luck if we did the single cycle.
Did you speak to the embryologist (I think it is spelled Na.gy) or your physician? You are probably aware that Nag.y is a superstar and researches and publishes in the field. You might consider trying to schedule a call with him to discuss the sperm quality / embryo quality issue. He might have some notes on your file and some insights. I know it is not my place to say this, but as a guarantee client you could probably be a bit of a squeaky wheel even if they normally don't have this type of call. I know you are committed to using your DH's sperm, and the embryologist might have some views on how to maximize the odds in your favour in future cycles. Again, I just think these folks REDOUBLE their efforts for you.

I'm sorry you are having a rough go of it. Sending big hugs to you.

February 13th, 2014, 2:37 pm #15

I haven't done this but maybe I can try. I did speak at length with my RE and he has retracted his original statement about the sperm once he looked at everything. He said the blast we got,would have qualified for the 1HQE guarantee and that we had 3 of 7 that were good on day3 meaning 4 were crappy on day3 which should be attributed to,the eggs. He said the 3 that were good on day 3 did well from day 3 to day 5-6 when sperm takes over. He said it could just be that the group of eggs were go wasn't the best even though the eggs worked for someone else. I truly don't know what to believe at this point.

February 13th, 2014, 5:04 pm #16

Thankful to say that beta dropped over 80% following Tuesday night's procedure.. Glad ER doc was correct.

Anne
Anne

February 13th, 2014, 5:34 pm #17

After you recover, is the RE going to order a saline sonogram or hysteroscopy or HSG to verify everything is clear before doing a FET?

February 13th, 2014, 6:02 pm #18

Thankful to say that beta dropped over 80% following Tuesday night's procedure.. Glad ER doc was correct.
I hope it continues to decline quickly. No need to prolong the agony. You've been through hell already.

February 13th, 2014, 11:49 pm #19

Things sometimes go as they are supposed to. Hard to imagine that sometimes, isn't it? I'm so sorry for all of this, but I hope the resolution brings a little peace.

Take care,
Sophie

February 14th, 2014, 12:17 am #20

I just spoke to my RE in Atlanta and he was shocked/horrified that I did that with no drugs. He said they don't even do then down there.. I just wanted it over with and didn't want to go back. I probably would not make the same decision again but I guess Im stronger than I think...
Having had one, I can't imagine what it would be like w/anesthesia/analgesia. I really can't imagine the clinic allowing you/suggesting you do it under those conditions. {{{Hugs}}} Maggie (in VA)