Twins measuring different

Twins measuring different

De2

November 11th, 2014, 4:44 pm #1

I am pregnant with fraternal twins, and they are measuring different. One measured 9 weeks, 4 days; and the other one measured 9 weeks, 6 days. This means one is ahead by one day, and the other is behind by one day. The "ahead" one also appeared more active on the sonogram, while the smaller one was curled up and not active, as though sleeping. I am wondering what this means.

November 11th, 2014, 5:50 pm #2

There is a margin of error on those ultrasounds and it's just as likely the one who measured 9w4d is a bit bigger in actuality than the other. Maybe the one measuring smaller really was sleeping, or whatever the 9w5d equivalent of sleeping is!

November 11th, 2014, 6:08 pm #3

Totally normal. Mine always measured slightly different and 2 days is well within normal limits.

November 11th, 2014, 8:12 pm #4

I am pregnant with fraternal twins, and they are measuring different. One measured 9 weeks, 4 days; and the other one measured 9 weeks, 6 days. This means one is ahead by one day, and the other is behind by one day. The "ahead" one also appeared more active on the sonogram, while the smaller one was curled up and not active, as though sleeping. I am wondering what this means.
The slight difference in size doesn't really mean anything. Your babes are super close in size and that's GREAT. My twins were sometimes off by a couple days as well. They have never been identical in terms of weeks/days and now lbs and ozs - very close but never identical. It's totally normal.

You'll soon see that ultrasounds are more subjective than you imagined. Watch the techs- some of them measure right on the line. Some measure on the outside edge or inside edge, etc. It will alter your readings a little bit. If you're doctor isn't worried about them than you shouldn't worry.

Looks to me like you got great news today. ENJOY IT!!