truly it's amazing men have survived so many billions of years.

truly it's amazing men have survived so many billions of years.

February 12th, 2012, 10:37 pm #1

well, obviously it's because of the women who hold them up.

a comment from dh over the past few weeks:

dh: after the puff is born, we need to take advantage of family being here and spend an entire day with the ball, so he knows he's still special.

me: um. ok. and who will nurse the puff? you know i'll be nursing every 2-3 hours around the clock in the first couple of weeks, right?

dh: .............

and from today:

dh: wow it'll be interesting with the puff here. the ball isn't napping at all anymore and the puff will be napping twice a day. our schedules are all going to be off and nobody will be sleeping!

me: um. well. you got the last part right. but you realize infants sleep about 16 hrs a day and there's no schedule in the beginning, right? more than 2 naps a day, i promise.

LOL. then i gently suggested that he defer to me in the beginning and trust that i know what i'm doing, until he starts to remember what it's like to have an infant in the home. he got all defensive saying that i might be well read on everything but he operates by "instinct." more LOL.

February 12th, 2012, 10:49 pm #2

DD got a pillow pet from a friend for her birthday. The instructions say to put it in a pillow case, tie it off, then toss it in the wash. DH said, "I don't get it. How does it get clean if you've tied the pillow case off?" I looked at him with a very puzzled look. Apparently he had forgotten about the porous nature of fabric? He then said, "Oh, the water goes through the pillow case". Well yes dear. Yes it does. Meanwhile, the man is a walking encyclopedia of every politician and conflicts all over the globe. He can't remember the names of people we spend time with but remembers obscure leaders of obscure countries. It's just sooooo bizarre.

February 12th, 2012, 10:53 pm #3

if he did the laundry, he'd have to turn everything inside out halfway through the cycle. too funny.

February 12th, 2012, 11:59 pm #4

dh: after the puff is born, we need to take advantage of family being here and spend an entire day with the ball, so he knows he's still special.

me: um. ok. and who will nurse the puff? you know i'll be nursing every 2-3 hours around the clock in the first couple of weeks, right?

and from today:

dh: wow it'll be interesting with the puff here. the ball isn't napping at all anymore and the puff will be napping twice a day. our schedules are all going to be off and nobody will be sleeping!

me: um. well. you got the last part right. but you realize infants sleep about 16 hrs a day and there's no schedule in the beginning, right? more than 2 naps a day, i promise.

LOL. then i gently suggested that he defer to me in the beginning and trust that i know what i'm doing, until he starts to remember what it's like to have an infant in the home. he got all defensive saying that i might be well read on everything but he operates by "instinct." more LOL.

We went for a long walk today with the boys.

I exit the house carrying a plastic bag from Target.

Dh: "What's in there?"

Me: "All of my stuff (wallet, keys, sunglasses case, tissue, lip balm). Hopefully this way, ds #2 won't toss or kick anything out of the stroller."

35 minutes later, we arrive at the coffee shop.

Dh: "Do you have any money?"

Me: "My wallet's in the plastic bag. Hand it to me."

Half way home.

Dh: "Ds#1 needs a tissue. Ds #2 does, too. Ds #1, we don't have any tissue."

Me: "Yes we do. It's in the bag. Hand it to me."

We get home & I'm scooping the dog's poop. Dh is standing there holding the plastic bag.

Dh: "Are you going to let us in the house?"

Me: "The keys are in the bag."

Dh: "Oh. How was I supposed to know that?"

Then we get in the house & I go to empty the bag & I discover he's tossed the boys' half eaten banana & peel into the bag with my stuff.

I get what I believe to be understandably PO'd & dh's response?

"How was I supposed to know your stuff was in there. I didn't know."

O.M.G. I was so freakin' mad. And he wonders why I'm irritable.

February 13th, 2012, 12:00 am #5

and from today:

Maybe even more funny to me, b/c I am single.

Renata, your DH is like my brother. My brother can remember every minute sports detail and stat. Yet, he can't remember what he and his wife did for fertility treatments, he just knows that shots were involved and he couldn't do them. Doesn't remember people he's met, etc. But he can remember some stranger's batting avg!

February 13th, 2012, 12:00 am #6

DD got a pillow pet from a friend for her birthday. The instructions say to put it in a pillow case, tie it off, then toss it in the wash. DH said, "I don't get it. How does it get clean if you've tied the pillow case off?" I looked at him with a very puzzled look. Apparently he had forgotten about the porous nature of fabric? He then said, "Oh, the water goes through the pillow case". Well yes dear. Yes it does. Meanwhile, the man is a walking encyclopedia of every politician and conflicts all over the globe. He can't remember the names of people we spend time with but remembers obscure leaders of obscure countries. It's just sooooo bizarre.
nt

February 13th, 2012, 12:29 am #7

Me: "All of my stuff (wallet, keys, sunglasses case, tissue, lip balm). Hopefully this way, ds #2 won't toss or kick anything out of the stroller."

Half way home.

We get home & I'm scooping the dog's poop. Dh is standing there holding the plastic bag.

Then we get in the house & I go to empty the bag & I discover he's tossed the boys' half eaten banana & peel into the bag with my stuff.

I hear that all the time, "How was I supposed to know?" or "You never told me that". Well yes, I did. YOU DIDN'T LISTEN.

February 13th, 2012, 2:08 am #8

Half way home.

what part of EVERYTHING IS IN THERE did he not get? (all of it, apparently)
and then he thinks it's a garbage bag. i love it.

February 13th, 2012, 2:22 am #9

Maybe even more funny to me, b/c I am single.

Renata, your DH is like my brother. My brother can remember every minute sports detail and stat. Yet, he can't remember what he and his wife did for fertility treatments, he just knows that shots were involved and he couldn't do them. Doesn't remember people he's met, etc. But he can remember some stranger's batting avg!
...and he'll have no recollection. like recently i reminded him of the time we went to do an FET and we had 3 frosties but the RE (not our regular one) was so nasty and practically laughed in my face about how awful the embies looked and how he would have a great story to tell at the next cocktail party if this actually worked (no lie.)

and dh? nope. no memory of it. oy!

February 13th, 2012, 4:00 am #10

When I told him I am now having trouble reconciling our choice to use an anon donor, he was shocked and didn't get it. He thought that she was only anon until the boys were 18 and then they would be able to contact her. OFGS. I don't think he paid attention to anything except how much the cycle cost.