Troll update

Troll update

November 12th, 2010, 6:29 pm #1

Hi all. I'm sorry for the troll who continues to post and repost things today just to rile folks up. If our Seattle friends can make sure their troll is still under the Fremont bridge, we'll eliminate one possibility (teasing). I assure you it is NOT Savannah or Momof4 so please do not think it is.

The perpetrator has at last count used four different IP addresses -- two in Woodstock, IL and two from the UK. We do know more about the addresses but the person's not worth the hassle. We've banned all four of course, but I'm sure she'll find more computers to hop on.

If she posts again, just ignore it. If an audience is what she's hoping for, she won't find it here.

Thanks to all who are just letting it roll off their backs. Sorry if it's stepping on some serious posts that are going on today and thank everyone for the support they give to each other, even when they don't always agree.

Thanks,

GIMB

(PS: Is Kenny back yet?)

November 12th, 2010, 6:36 pm #2

My kiddos have been sick, so I haven't been able to read the boards for a few days, and that thread was quite a shock. If I want to read that kind of commentary, all I have to do is look at the reader comments on virtually any online article on ART at a British news site, and I'll find plenty of it. As the adult child of older parents, I am infuriated by a lot of the rubbish people feel free to state as fact about older parenthood. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

November 12th, 2010, 6:46 pm #3

Hi all. I'm sorry for the troll who continues to post and repost things today just to rile folks up. If our Seattle friends can make sure their troll is still under the Fremont bridge, we'll eliminate one possibility (teasing). I assure you it is NOT Savannah or Momof4 so please do not think it is.

The perpetrator has at last count used four different IP addresses -- two in Woodstock, IL and two from the UK. We do know more about the addresses but the person's not worth the hassle. We've banned all four of course, but I'm sure she'll find more computers to hop on.

If she posts again, just ignore it. If an audience is what she's hoping for, she won't find it here.

Thanks to all who are just letting it roll off their backs. Sorry if it's stepping on some serious posts that are going on today and thank everyone for the support they give to each other, even when they don't always agree.

Thanks,

GIMB

Glad to know action is happening! you rock!

Anon
Anon

November 12th, 2010, 7:06 pm #4

Thanks,

GIMB

Wow, that's just sad, keeps finding different computers when their IP address gets banned? This person must not have a real life!!

November 12th, 2010, 9:05 pm #5

Thanks,

GIMB

pretty maladjusted and sad to go to the bother frankly. Just take comfort in the fact that we are getting on with real lives, hopefully making our babies or getting ready to do so. Some of us are lucky enough to already have children and are getting on with that. What is going on in her life that makes trolling these boards any kind of lifestyle choice??

Best to all,
Daisy
xxxx

Last edited by loochieuk on November 12th, 2010, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nona
Nona

November 12th, 2010, 11:10 pm #6

Some people are religiously opposed to IVF. There are also some "zero population" freaks who think nobody should reproduce at all. There are also the sexist bigots who don't bat an eyelash at 75 year old men becoming dads, but harshly judge 50 year old women for becoming moms. We know many religious people (we live in the Bible belt) and we did not tell a soul that we did IVF. To this day, nobody knows outside of me and my husband, that our child born from IVF and DE. That's because I have seen too many people online screaming about how ungodly and horrible and unnatural that it is. I am afraid of these people. Who knows what they might say to my child?

If someone is mentally unstable enough to spend all day long, going from one computer to the next, to spout out all this crap - then, yes I am afraid of those types of people.

An attack in alternative reproductive methods, is in a sense, also an attack on the children born of those medical techniques. Children of IVF have just as much right to be created and born into this world, as any other child. Children with "older moms" have just as much right to be alive as any other child. The "older mom" stigma will only harm those children, not help them.

November 13th, 2010, 2:27 am #7

Thanks,

GIMB

I could see they were a troll but still posted. I couldn't resist. I knew they would bite, TH.

November 13th, 2010, 5:32 pm #8

Thanks,

GIMB

Thank you GIMB n/t

November 13th, 2010, 9:17 pm #9

Some people are religiously opposed to IVF. There are also some "zero population" freaks who think nobody should reproduce at all. There are also the sexist bigots who don't bat an eyelash at 75 year old men becoming dads, but harshly judge 50 year old women for becoming moms. We know many religious people (we live in the Bible belt) and we did not tell a soul that we did IVF. To this day, nobody knows outside of me and my husband, that our child born from IVF and DE. That's because I have seen too many people online screaming about how ungodly and horrible and unnatural that it is. I am afraid of these people. Who knows what they might say to my child?

If someone is mentally unstable enough to spend all day long, going from one computer to the next, to spout out all this crap - then, yes I am afraid of those types of people.

An attack in alternative reproductive methods, is in a sense, also an attack on the children born of those medical techniques. Children of IVF have just as much right to be created and born into this world, as any other child. Children with "older moms" have just as much right to be alive as any other child. The "older mom" stigma will only harm those children, not help them.
This is the pro-life movement at its most ardent. And unfortunately IVF is very much in the cross hairs of these groups- although they tend to be quite stealthy about it and use very careful language...

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 13th, 2010, 10:00 pm #10

Colorado? Nevada? I kinda want to avoid clinics in states that might have to stop DE-IVF and don't want to store possible frozen embryos in IVF unfriendly states. I don't keep up with red state/ blue state issues or where this is happening.

Are California and "liberal" New England relatively safe?