Trigger is Saturday/Retrievel Monday!

Trigger is Saturday/Retrievel Monday!

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 1:51 am #1

Good Evening Ladies,

Okay, so I talked with the nurse who did the u/s on donor today and she said she has 'so many'. Like, more than 14. They are afraid of hyper-stimming her so ordered some other drugs today. They told me they don't usually call and tell how many eggs were retrieved, only the call (which would happen on Tuesday) to let you know how many fertilized. But the nurse said for me to just call her on Monday afternoon and she'd let me know.

I'm likely to do transfer next Saturday. One week from tomorrow. It's going to be a long week! I'm so nervous. I think I'd be more confident about it working if I was planning to transfer 2, but I'm currently planning on 1, so I'm really scared. I'm also wondering how they divide up the eggs given this is a shared cycle. Do they go 1 for you and 1 for you. 2 for you, and 2 for you, or do they just give recipient #1 all of the first x # of eggs, and #2 the others. Heck, I don't know.

I did find out that at my clinic, in the event of an odd # of eggs, the one who chooses the donor first gets the extra one. I chose her 2nd. Bummer. Whatever, I really only need one anyhow!

Thanks for listening!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 18th, 2011, 2:02 am #2

I am also hoping to transfer just one, and may the universe give me strength NOT to change my mind in the moments before transfer and do two. I've seen too many twin disasters here that terrify me, yet I think in my twin fantasy world those disasters would never happen to me and I would have 2 perfect 7 lb full term babies!

June 18th, 2011, 2:21 am #3

Good Evening Ladies,

Okay, so I talked with the nurse who did the u/s on donor today and she said she has 'so many'. Like, more than 14. They are afraid of hyper-stimming her so ordered some other drugs today. They told me they don't usually call and tell how many eggs were retrieved, only the call (which would happen on Tuesday) to let you know how many fertilized. But the nurse said for me to just call her on Monday afternoon and she'd let me know.

I'm likely to do transfer next Saturday. One week from tomorrow. It's going to be a long week! I'm so nervous. I think I'd be more confident about it working if I was planning to transfer 2, but I'm currently planning on 1, so I'm really scared. I'm also wondering how they divide up the eggs given this is a shared cycle. Do they go 1 for you and 1 for you. 2 for you, and 2 for you, or do they just give recipient #1 all of the first x # of eggs, and #2 the others. Heck, I don't know.

I did find out that at my clinic, in the event of an odd # of eggs, the one who chooses the donor first gets the extra one. I chose her 2nd. Bummer. Whatever, I really only need one anyhow!

Thanks for listening!!
Great news, glad things are progressing. Its kind of like, can I hibernate for a week so it can hurry up and get here.. It will be here before you know it because its a positive, happy hurry up and get here.. like your going on vacation.

My clinic was worried about over stimulation - she wound up with quite a lot- as long as they are watching her and her e levels. I would always ask about my donor b/c it only took the one nurse saying that, my goal was not to put the woman in jeopardy. I think on one of my posts that they will take every embryo not matter what the size, and by doing so it helps cut the chances down.

June 18th, 2011, 3:44 am #4

I am also hoping to transfer just one, and may the universe give me strength NOT to change my mind in the moments before transfer and do two. I've seen too many twin disasters here that terrify me, yet I think in my twin fantasy world those disasters would never happen to me and I would have 2 perfect 7 lb full term babies!
I thought that too! I mean, I worried about GD, preeclampsia....all kinds of things. But I was NOT going to have micropreemies. I was going to make no less than 35 weeks and that was that. I was in deep, deep denial that it was within the realm of possibility for me. I feel responsible now to share our experience to hopefully help toward preventing at least a micropreemie birth or two.

I am excited for you as you close in on retrieval, transfer etc! May there be an even number of eggs for you two.

K
K

June 18th, 2011, 6:09 am #5

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks for listening!!
That means transfer on Saturday!!! :) Woo hoo! Nt

June 18th, 2011, 10:12 am #6

Good Evening Ladies,

Thanks for listening!!
Now The Wait Until Transfer.

You've put good, rational, unemotional thought into deciding how many you should transfer, and you concluded that one is the right number for you. Trust your decision. The loving and generous warnings issued by many moms of twins on this board are serious ones.

We also decided on one (barring less than optimal results on the day of transfer), but I wavered in my Valium-induced delirium (higly recommended, the Valium, that is) on transfer day. I knew that would happen, though. And our doctor assumed we would be transferring two. I'm glad we stuck with our original decision.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! And yes - hoping for an even number of eggs!!

Last edited by elseeG on June 18th, 2011, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 3:31 pm #7

I thought that too! I mean, I worried about GD, preeclampsia....all kinds of things. But I was NOT going to have micropreemies. I was going to make no less than 35 weeks and that was that. I was in deep, deep denial that it was within the realm of possibility for me. I feel responsible now to share our experience to hopefully help toward preventing at least a micropreemie birth or two.

I am excited for you as you close in on retrieval, transfer etc! May there be an even number of eggs for you two.
Believe me, I listen to your story and some others, and it's what I imagined could happen. And even now that they are out of the NICU, you've got the monstrous expense of raising 2 kids as a single parent.

Maybe I'm selfish, but I do need some money to spend on myself as well as the child, and for me, two children could push me over that limit. I want to be able to afford some good childcare, and $2k per month is a LOT more than $1100 for one child. I so appreciate the feedback and your sharing your experience. Thank you!

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 3:41 pm #8

And you might have 2 full-term babies, you just don't know. But as I've said, I'm single, and the financial side of it would potentially be a constant worry. I had great financial years last year and so far this year, but you just never know what the economy has in store.....

And also the NICU stories are so painful. I don't want to go through that if at all possible. Now, watch me transfer one and end up with twins. If that happens, then it was just meant to be and I'll wing it!

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 3:42 pm #9

This is to anonymous above n/t

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 3:43 pm #10

Great news, glad things are progressing. Its kind of like, can I hibernate for a week so it can hurry up and get here.. It will be here before you know it because its a positive, happy hurry up and get here.. like your going on vacation.

My clinic was worried about over stimulation - she wound up with quite a lot- as long as they are watching her and her e levels. I would always ask about my donor b/c it only took the one nurse saying that, my goal was not to put the woman in jeopardy. I think on one of my posts that they will take every embryo not matter what the size, and by doing so it helps cut the chances down.
And I'm following your journey and just thrilled for you! Keep updating us!