Transfer cancelled due to lining-need encouragement! (long)

Transfer cancelled due to lining-need encouragement! (long)

bethphx
bethphx

March 1st, 2011, 1:02 am #1

Hi guys- So my lining was a 5 -no triple stripe today- retrieval set for Wednesday. RE said he would not transfer into a lining like this- I agree. Tried everything over the weekend. I have gotten to a 9mm with my mock but that shrunk 2 days later. At least I know I am capable of that...we have decided to move ahead with the retrieval and freeze the embryos- apparently my donor is doingf great and we should get a lot of eggs. They are doing ICSI so hopefully will get a good amt of embryos. I have asked about seeing what my body does naturally after this coming period because I have heard some people just do not respond to synthetic estrogens well. Plus I have been doing mock cycles the past 2 months and need a break from the hormones. Anyone do a natural FET? I need some positive FET experiences for encouragement please! I do feel some relief in knowing that we won't transfer until my uterus is ready- takes the stress out a bit..but now I am dealing with the decreased success rate of a FET.

March 1st, 2011, 1:12 am #2

I'm sorry that the lining didn't work this cycle. I'm sure it will next time. My RE refuses to do natural cycles, but I have seen lots of women on here have great success, they seem to work even more frequently. Good luck!

Bear

March 1st, 2011, 2:16 am #3

Hi guys- So my lining was a 5 -no triple stripe today- retrieval set for Wednesday. RE said he would not transfer into a lining like this- I agree. Tried everything over the weekend. I have gotten to a 9mm with my mock but that shrunk 2 days later. At least I know I am capable of that...we have decided to move ahead with the retrieval and freeze the embryos- apparently my donor is doingf great and we should get a lot of eggs. They are doing ICSI so hopefully will get a good amt of embryos. I have asked about seeing what my body does naturally after this coming period because I have heard some people just do not respond to synthetic estrogens well. Plus I have been doing mock cycles the past 2 months and need a break from the hormones. Anyone do a natural FET? I need some positive FET experiences for encouragement please! I do feel some relief in knowing that we won't transfer until my uterus is ready- takes the stress out a bit..but now I am dealing with the decreased success rate of a FET.
Hopefully you'll have lots of strong embies to freeze. They'll wait for you!

wt
wt

March 1st, 2011, 2:18 am #4

That's such a huge disappointment. At least you know you should have lots of good frosties to use and, like you said, you can wait until you're really ready. I don't have my own story of successful frozen egg transfer but I've read about tons of successes. It really does work!

Be strong and keep going!

Rachel

Kacee
Kacee

March 1st, 2011, 4:17 am #5

spindle and have the greatest chance of surviving the thaw. Just my two cents.

New2011
New2011

March 1st, 2011, 4:23 am #6

Bethphx,
So Sorry your cycle is canceled.

I hope you get lots and lots of frosties for your FET. The FET should be a little less stressful since you will have more time to work on your lining and figure out what will work best for you.

Good luck to you.
keep us posted.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 1st, 2011, 5:32 am #7

if your clinic uses vitrification for freezing, any stage embryo has great thaw rates, usually they vitrify blasts.

March 1st, 2011, 11:28 am #8

I know how frustrating it is - I had two cycles canceled at the last minute due to thin lining. You and your RE are right to wait for a better lining. I ended up transferring on a thin lining twice and both times got a BFN. Still irritated with myself and my RE for wasting good embies (I changed clinics after that). Your frosties will wait for you. And FWIW, I did have success on a 6.7mm lining - it was the best I could get on my 5th try so we went for it. I'm not sure what ultimately worked for me, but I'd suggest trying chinese herbs as a last ditch effort. Just make sure your RE is okay with it.

Best,
Audrey
Last edited by AudreyJ on March 1st, 2011, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

beth phx
beth phx

March 1st, 2011, 12:45 pm #9

if your clinic uses vitrification for freezing, any stage embryo has great thaw rates, usually they vitrify blasts.

use vitrification- but still there FET sucess is only about 45% compared with 75% for fresh...

bethphx
bethphx

March 1st, 2011, 12:47 pm #10

I understand that the 2pn have a higher thaw rate- but when you freeze blasts aren't you just freezing the best ones and "weeding out" the embies that would not have grown anyway...