training wheels off! (de-lurking with a brag, hope you don't mind).

training wheels off! (de-lurking with a brag, hope you don't mind).

August 14th, 2012, 3:40 pm #1

My little guy insisted that I take the training wheels off of the bike yesterday. I stopped work and went outside with him and the babysitter. And then he proceeded to pedal away. At first I held the seat a little bit and then he was solo. He even could get going himself from a stopped position. Wow! I couldn't believe it. This is the result of the balance bike that he got before he turned three. Now he is three yrs 5 months old. Unbelievable! I will try to remember how to post a photo. Later in the day we went to the park with nice wide sidewalks. He was so proud. But then he got mad when we went over a pedestrian bridge with railings. The visuals threw him and he fell twice. The hardest part was running along side him. Oy, my knees! I can't run anymore.

Golda

August 14th, 2012, 4:19 pm #2

Impressive for a 3yr old! Mine is 6 and mentally I am not ready for that!

August 14th, 2012, 9:18 pm #3

My little guy insisted that I take the training wheels off of the bike yesterday. I stopped work and went outside with him and the babysitter. And then he proceeded to pedal away. At first I held the seat a little bit and then he was solo. He even could get going himself from a stopped position. Wow! I couldn't believe it. This is the result of the balance bike that he got before he turned three. Now he is three yrs 5 months old. Unbelievable! I will try to remember how to post a photo. Later in the day we went to the park with nice wide sidewalks. He was so proud. But then he got mad when we went over a pedestrian bridge with railings. The visuals threw him and he fell twice. The hardest part was running along side him. Oy, my knees! I can't run anymore.

Golda
My son has been using a balance bike for about a year now. He will be 4 in October. He loves it! I am hoping when he is ready for a regular bike that he can zoom like your son.

He is so proud of himself on his balance bike. He can go really fast!

TTC since Sept. 2004
High FSH
DE Feb. 2008
My son was born, October 2008!

2nd DE using frozen embroyos. (7/10) It worked! Due date 3/31/11!
Beautiful daughter born, March 2011

August 14th, 2012, 9:56 pm #4

Golda
You must be so proud. So glad you came here to post.

August 15th, 2012, 2:07 am #5

Golda
Way to go!! Ok, sounding dumb here, but what's a balance bike??

Oh, saw something really interesting the other day! New neighbors with couple little kids moved in recently down the street. They have a double decker golf cart. She was driving behind her toddler son, who was riding his bike! Clever, and knee-saving!!

August 15th, 2012, 2:24 am #6

Golda
Love the story -- how amazing he's going w/out training wheels so young! You'd better believe my DH would be posting all over the internet if our LO does that!

Perfect place to brag -- do so any time!

hope you are well.

sas

August 15th, 2012, 10:44 am #7

Golda
that is so nice!
Nice to hear from you as well.

August 15th, 2012, 2:27 pm #8

Golda
Good job little man.

August 16th, 2012, 2:47 am #9

Golda
We just got DS a balance bike. It is one of those tiny Striders. He loves it already and we hope he has success like your DS