? to E & H and other ladies about synching up recipients

? to E & H and other ladies about synching up recipients

February 8th, 2011, 5:34 am #1

for a shared cycle. I can't believe it, but on Monday we chose a donor. YAY!!!

I am set to take the last active pill in my BCP pack. Should I skip the inactive pills and get a new pack of pills and stay on the active ones or just follow the pack as instructed (I am on Loestrin which has a 24 active pill pack and 4 inactive pills). They have to synch up the donor as well as all 3 of us recipients.

E&H
E&H

February 8th, 2011, 7:38 am #2

I personally would just take active pills as if you get a withdrawal bleed you will have to take active pills for at least 2 weeks before being able to start other medication.

GIMB
GIMB

February 8th, 2011, 1:04 pm #3

I am set to take the last active pill in my BCP pack. Should I skip the inactive pills and get a new pack of pills and stay on the active ones or just follow the pack as instructed (I am on Loestrin which has a 24 active pill pack and 4 inactive pills). They have to synch up the donor as well as all 3 of us recipients.
Please check with your RE as everyone's protocol is different. Please don't rely on advise from us (even if it's probably right )

February 8th, 2011, 1:44 pm #4

I am so happy for you. That was quick that you found a donor.

I agree with GIMB, check with SG. They will instruct you on how to proceed.

I look forward to seeing your updates. GL
Last edited by dnj01 on February 8th, 2011, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leigh888
Leigh888

February 8th, 2011, 2:15 pm #5

I am so excited for you! I would ask SG what they want you to do about the BCP.

February 8th, 2011, 5:12 pm #6

I am actually following everyone's advice.

I checked with my RE, and she asked if I wanted to go ahead and stay on the active pills or if I wanted a break from the BCPs for the 4 days. She told me that it would make it easier to synch all of our cycles up if she is able to tell the coordinating nurse that I have been on active pills continually (we have not been given positions in regard to our split yet - we should get that in the next day or 2, I was told). So that is what we're doing.

Thanks E & H and everyone for weighing in!

February 8th, 2011, 5:18 pm #7

I am so happy for you. That was quick that you found a donor.

I agree with GIMB, check with SG. They will instruct you on how to proceed.

I look forward to seeing your updates. GL
You, Julie and KS are really the deciding factors as to why we even checked out SG in the first place. We were so torn about leaving our local clinic where we had started cycling, albeit brief.

We are really excited about the chance to move forward. I'll keep you posted!

February 8th, 2011, 5:24 pm #8

I am so excited for you! I would ask SG what they want you to do about the BCP.
I know it's potentially a long process that has many twists and turns, regardless of whether a person gets pregnant the first time out, or if it takes years to achieve our dreams. But I must admit that I am very excited to be on our way finally.

I am staying on the active BCPs after discussing options with RE, so thanks for the advice.

February 8th, 2011, 7:51 pm #9

I personally would just take active pills as if you get a withdrawal bleed you will have to take active pills for at least 2 weeks before being able to start other medication.
I felt this was good advice and it was confirmed by my RE, so as always, thanks for your sound advice!

I hope your trip to Japan was for pleasure, or if it was for business that you had time to enjoy yourself!