The waiting game

The waiting game

Lisa
Lisa

June 24th, 2012, 2:54 pm #1

Hi all,
I had my transfer on Friday and I am anxiously awaiting the results. it is very exciting but also very nerve wracking. Any thoughts on drinking decaf at this stage of the game? I switched to decaf about a year ago, and haven't had anything for about 3 days. I'm dying for a decaf iced coffee.
My stomach is in knots with all the waiting

June 24th, 2012, 3:48 pm #2

Welcome to the wait! I hope you have wonderful news to share in a little while! As for the decaf, I would ask your RE or OB. I know most doctors say that a little bit of regular coffee is ok, but I don't know if there are things in decaf that should be avoided.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

June 24th, 2012, 7:33 pm #3

Hi all,
I had my transfer on Friday and I am anxiously awaiting the results. it is very exciting but also very nerve wracking. Any thoughts on drinking decaf at this stage of the game? I switched to decaf about a year ago, and haven't had anything for about 3 days. I'm dying for a decaf iced coffee.
I hope it brings you wonderful news! I'm not sure about decaf. I seem to recall having read somewhere that decaf does not mean caffeine free. If I had to guess I would say in moderation it is probably fine, but you might want to ask your RE just to be sure.

June 24th, 2012, 8:02 pm #4

Hi all,
My RE did not tell me to give up caffeine altogether while cycling: I went down to one cup of regular coffee a day, and usually had a cup or two of decaf as well. In my case, it did no harm. The 2ww is such an ordeal, I'd say give yourself a harmless treat. (It's not as though you're craving a double martini!) Good luck!

sugar
sugar

June 25th, 2012, 12:40 am #5

Hi all,
Not sure about decaf,reg-coffe as being OK or not OK but I personally avoid both during cycling and 2ww and probably would avoid if my beta were positive.
Anyway I just want to wish you a swift and restful 2ww and sending you lots of luck. Please keep us posted!

Lisa
Lisa

June 25th, 2012, 1:11 am #6

Hi all,
Thanks for all of your wishes. I'm over the coffee thing. I'm just sticking to H20 for now.
Trying to find things to fill my time. I'm a teacher who is off for the summer so I have a lot more free time, which normally I would be enjoying. I'll be ok in a day or two, just have to find my groove.

June 25th, 2012, 3:11 am #7

Hi all,
..you're careful who you're purchasing it from. A lot of naturally caffeinated products are decaffeinated by using a wide range of chemicals, so if you can find brands that use "the water process" or "GCE (green coffee extract)" it's much, much safer. I started drinking half-caf before I cycled (though I know LOTS of women who still drink 1 cup of fully loaded coffee/day) and have stuck with that. Sure, there's still a little bit of caffeine in decaf, but it's pretty minute and it's highly unlikely to have any negative effects on you or your little beans!

Good luck!

finallybabe
finallybabe

June 27th, 2012, 3:26 pm #8

Hi all,
I drank decaf the whole time in three pgs -- not a doctor, but for me it was fine.
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST AND A BABY!!
fb