Thanks for the reassurance... all is well.

Thanks for the reassurance... all is well.

May 21st, 2012, 3:41 pm #1

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone who wrote to reassure me and offer encouragement on my last post about the loss of our twin. I caught a stomach bug (or had food poisoning) this weekend and have been very ill - I'll spare you the gory details, but we almost went to the ER yesterday just to try and prevent major dehydration. I'm better today and can finally keep a few crackers down, which feels like a major accomplishment, but I've definitely lost a few more pounds. Needless to say, I've barely been able to function, much less look at a computer screen, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded and assured me that everything I was feeling was perfectly normal.

The happy news is that we saw our little bean this morning and all is well! (S)he's growing like a weed and moving around like crazy - HR going about 167. The vanishing twin is shrinking, but still quite obvious, and I have to admit it's a little heartbreaking to see the fetal tissue decreasing in size. The bleed is still very evident around its gestational sac, so I continue to be on "pelvic rest" until it dissipates further (ugh!!). Thankfully, the two sacs are far apart and the bleed is concentrated around the one we lost. It's neat to finally see everything on an abdominal ultrasound instead of the transvaginal one - I am SO tired of those damn ultrasound wands!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but thank you again. This is such an amazing group of strong supportive women!
Leigh

May 21st, 2012, 4:24 pm #2

I'm sooooo glad to read your news. I hope you feel better soon!

May 21st, 2012, 4:45 pm #3

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to everyone who wrote to reassure me and offer encouragement on my last post about the loss of our twin. I caught a stomach bug (or had food poisoning) this weekend and have been very ill - I'll spare you the gory details, but we almost went to the ER yesterday just to try and prevent major dehydration. I'm better today and can finally keep a few crackers down, which feels like a major accomplishment, but I've definitely lost a few more pounds. Needless to say, I've barely been able to function, much less look at a computer screen, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded and assured me that everything I was feeling was perfectly normal.

The happy news is that we saw our little bean this morning and all is well! (S)he's growing like a weed and moving around like crazy - HR going about 167. The vanishing twin is shrinking, but still quite obvious, and I have to admit it's a little heartbreaking to see the fetal tissue decreasing in size. The bleed is still very evident around its gestational sac, so I continue to be on "pelvic rest" until it dissipates further (ugh!!). Thankfully, the two sacs are far apart and the bleed is concentrated around the one we lost. It's neat to finally see everything on an abdominal ultrasound instead of the transvaginal one - I am SO tired of those damn ultrasound wands!

Anyway, I'm rambling, but thank you again. This is such an amazing group of strong supportive women!
Leigh
Sorry about the illness but glad you are feeling better. I had my first OB appt. I did not have an ultrasound but after some searching the NP was able to find the heartbeat...168. It was so amazing to hear it.

May 21st, 2012, 6:02 pm #4

I've been hoping to read your good news today! That's awesome that they were able to find the HB and hear it without an ultrasound. It really is incredible to hear, isn't it? I'm so glad everything continues to go smoothly for you!!

May 21st, 2012, 6:15 pm #5

Leigh
I know this will go a long way in helping you recover from your illness...I'm sorry, ugh. Now rest. Your little one is snuggling in for the long haul . ((()))

May 21st, 2012, 8:12 pm #6

Leigh
Good!

May 21st, 2012, 8:37 pm #7

Leigh
I'm happy to hear that your little bean is doing well... and yes, isn't it nice to have the u/s from the outside! Get some rest!

May 21st, 2012, 11:44 pm #8

I'm sooooo glad to read your news. I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you, Renata! n/t

May 21st, 2012, 11:46 pm #9

I know this will go a long way in helping you recover from your illness...I'm sorry, ugh. Now rest. Your little one is snuggling in for the long haul . ((()))

Yes, I think it will. My stomach is still rebelling a bit today, but it's much, much better! Thanks for writing.

May 21st, 2012, 11:46 pm #10

I'm happy to hear that your little bean is doing well... and yes, isn't it nice to have the u/s from the outside! Get some rest!
thanks, keifel! n/t