TENS machine to increase blood flow

TENS machine to increase blood flow

LateStarter394
LateStarter394

March 6th, 2013, 5:20 am #1

Hi there,

Has anyone used (or heard of anyone using) those TENS Machines on the stomach to improve blood flow to the uterus?

They are those machines that physios sometimes use for stiff muscles. You stick the pads on the muscle and it sends little electric waves into the muscle to improve blood flow and loosens things up.

I was wondering if this has beeen used for blood flow /lining?

Anyone heard of this?

x

Dee
Dee

March 6th, 2013, 4:11 pm #2

I have one that I use for lower back pain. It works, on my back as it relieves the pain. I would have to ask my acupuncturist about using it on my abdomen, though. It probably should not be used after an embryo transfer, it might cause uterine contractions.

Late Starter 394
Late Starter 394

March 7th, 2013, 6:22 am #3

Thanks Dee!

I'll check with the accupuncturist next time. It just sounded like it might work! But best to check.

ann
ann

March 7th, 2013, 12:59 pm #4

Hi there,

Has anyone used (or heard of anyone using) those TENS Machines on the stomach to improve blood flow to the uterus?

They are those machines that physios sometimes use for stiff muscles. You stick the pads on the muscle and it sends little electric waves into the muscle to improve blood flow and loosens things up.

I was wondering if this has beeen used for blood flow /lining?

Anyone heard of this?

x
I have had TENS treatments when having dental work, but not for TTC.

I did have 8 sessions of electroacupuncture (4 weeks, 2 appointments/wk) in the weeks leading up to transfer. This was highly recommended to me by CCRM to increase circulation. My lining was always thick enough and the right pattern, but the Doppler ultrasound showed a spot that needed better bloodflow. They sent my acupuncturist a study with instructions on which "points" to hit (points were not on the abdomen, rather on the lower back and back of legs).

March 10th, 2013, 10:39 pm #5

Thanks Dee!

I'll check with the accupuncturist next time. It just sounded like it might work! But best to check.

If you are concerned about lining, look into gcsf (neupogen). Best treatment there is.

In terms of embryo transfer, you want uterine relaxation, definitely not uterine contractions. I think TENS would definitely be out.