Strands in lower uterus seen during SIS

Strands in lower uterus seen during SIS

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 3:49 pm #1

I had a SIS today and was told that the top of uterus towards fundus is looking normal, however, there are some thick strands floating towards the bottom of my uterus, near the cervix. I had an open myo in December 2011. Do you think this is adhesion? This was done at a radiology center, not by my RE. I will see my RE this friday for lining check so I suppose he will let me know what this is, but I thought someone may have similar experience and can share with me.

Thank you.

March 26th, 2012, 4:20 pm #2

If they were truly floating, I'm not sure it's an issue worth worrying about. On my hysteroscopy, I had some thick strands that were also located at very bottom of the uterus near the cervix. They almost appeared to be floating, but it became obvious they were attached to the uterine wall. My RE (who was doing the procedure) tried to knock them off very gently (and with my permission) to see if they were truly attached, and they were. I ended up having a hysteroscopic polypectomy a few days later... A pain, but no big deal.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 4:30 pm #3

This is helpful to know, although it is another hurdle to jump through before my DE cycle.

March 26th, 2012, 4:35 pm #4

but it didn't cause any delays. As you said, it was just another hurdle to jump through!

March 26th, 2012, 6:27 pm #5

I had a SIS today and was told that the top of uterus towards fundus is looking normal, however, there are some thick strands floating towards the bottom of my uterus, near the cervix. I had an open myo in December 2011. Do you think this is adhesion? This was done at a radiology center, not by my RE. I will see my RE this friday for lining check so I suppose he will let me know what this is, but I thought someone may have similar experience and can share with me.

Thank you.
Had operative hysteroscopy to treat banding, but my doctor showed me this "fluff" he cleared, too. If they're floating, my guess would be it's not a problem -- could it be detached bands? Maggie (in VA)

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 26th, 2012, 10:18 pm #6

Did you have operative hysteroscopy to remove the "stuff" under sedation or in diagnostic hysteroscopy?

March 27th, 2012, 3:09 am #7

Under sedation. nt