still hanging on - the wait is aweful . . .

still hanging on - the wait is aweful . . .

Hopeful
Hopeful

September 21st, 2010, 6:47 pm #1

hcg is going up and over 28,000 now - I am 7 weeks out today. But, 2 things causing concern - I only measure at 6 weeks 3 days and the heartbeat was only 116 - and my RE says it is usually at least 120 or higher. Has anyone had any similar experiences? My RE says he thinks things could be OK, but still wanted me to know about these 2 issues. My next appointment is in a week. I thought we would be out of the woods when we saw the heartbeat

September 21st, 2010, 7:43 pm #2

I am now 18 weeks pregnant with a baby that has been consistently measuring 3 days ahead. But, the first few ultrasounds he measured a few days less, about the same as yours. Hang in there!

September 21st, 2010, 7:51 pm #3

hcg is going up and over 28,000 now - I am 7 weeks out today. But, 2 things causing concern - I only measure at 6 weeks 3 days and the heartbeat was only 116 - and my RE says it is usually at least 120 or higher. Has anyone had any similar experiences? My RE says he thinks things could be OK, but still wanted me to know about these 2 issues. My next appointment is in a week. I thought we would be out of the woods when we saw the heartbeat
My guys also measured about that far behind at 7w1d and their heartbeats were 120 and 127 so not much higher than yours and they developed 100% normally. My money is on your little one.

Hopeful
Hopeful

September 22nd, 2010, 12:41 am #4

that's encouraging

ttc
ttc

September 22nd, 2010, 2:42 am #5

I have been off the boards for a while but used to be on often in the past. That heartbeat is not that off and I know I remember seeing cycles with heartbeats in that range measuring a bit behind and all was fine. At one point they just caught up. I hope that is the case for you and that your next appointment there are no more concerns and your RE believes all is as it should be.

Keep us posted and all the best to you!!
ttc

September 22nd, 2010, 4:47 pm #6

I think you're fine - the hb isn't off by much and only measuring a few days behind which is nothing. REs get anxious when they're not seeing consistent growth from week to week. I had an u/s this morning at 6w5d and I measured right at 6w. RE was totally fine with it and DH and I skipped out of the office.

I hope next week's u/s provides you with some peace of mind.

Hugs,
Audrey

Lu
Lu

September 22nd, 2010, 5:31 pm #7

as for the heartbeat, it's only off by 4. My thoughts are that the heartbeat is pretty darn close to where it needs to be, so I think its fine. From what the other ladies measurements have been in the past, yours seems to be consistent with others, so that sounds ok too. I hope your little one continues to grow just fine. Keep us posted!
Lu

Hopeful
Hopeful

September 22nd, 2010, 10:59 pm #8

I hope I have good news to report on Tuesday.