spotting before FET

spotting before FET

September 12th, 2011, 6:35 pm #1

Hi there,
I've been away from this board a long time now and so sorry to come back with a frantic question. I've been preparing for an FET on the down-low. My transfer is scheduled for tomorrow morning, but I've been spotting watery brown for a few days now. I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor to see if they will cancel my cycle. My lining and my estrogen and progesteron levels are textbook perfect (according to dr.) but they are mystified by the spotting as there is no apparent cause for it. Has anyone had this happen before or heard of it happening? This is my last embryo. I'm freaking out and sitting here at work on the verge of tears.
Thanks so much for any advice you may have.

September 13th, 2011, 12:50 am #2

if you haven't already, I would take this question right to the pink board too. I believe someone there would be able to speak from personal experience about the success after such a situation or whether their cycle was canceled and how that went.

I am so sorry you are experiencing this bleeding at all, but especially with your transfer being so close. Just know that either way, you WILL be transferring soon (either tomorrow or once the source of the spotting is figured out and/or it stops).

Wishing you the best in all of this!

September 13th, 2011, 2:26 pm #3

I think that was the best thing to do under the circumstances. Sooo frustrating.

September 14th, 2011, 1:11 am #4

Melanie, I'm so sorry about the cancellation. I hope they can figure out what the problem is so that you can move forward soon.

September 14th, 2011, 3:27 am #5

I think that was the best thing to do under the circumstances. Sooo frustrating.
prior to transfer. Hang in there, and definitely let us know what your clinics comes up with in regard to the bleeding.

Also you might be down for the moment, but you are by no way out of the game. We're all looking forward to your next cycle date, so keep us posted on that!

Amee
Amee

March 12th, 2013, 11:30 am #6

Hi there,
I've been away from this board a long time now and so sorry to come back with a frantic question. I've been preparing for an FET on the down-low. My transfer is scheduled for tomorrow morning, but I've been spotting watery brown for a few days now. I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor to see if they will cancel my cycle. My lining and my estrogen and progesteron levels are textbook perfect (according to dr.) but they are mystified by the spotting as there is no apparent cause for it. Has anyone had this happen before or heard of it happening? This is my last embryo. I'm freaking out and sitting here at work on the verge of tears.
Hey Melanie, even though it was a bummer, I think your Doc did the right thing canceling you transfer. I also started spotting like this, but my Dr decided to go ahead with the transfer. Even though all was good otherwise and we had a perfect embryo the transfer failed. The theory is that it was a result of an imbalance of hormones. I am now at another go of it and they started me on a bit of estrogen before the transfer and added a lower dose of progesterone after the transfer. Before they had me on no estrogen and a higher dose of progesterone. Also, my cycle was still off from my retrieval, so I think it was just bad timing all around. I am now in the 2ww of our 2nd attempt, all is well and I feel SO much more confident this time. I hope everything eventually worked out for you.

Amee
Amee

March 12th, 2013, 11:30 am #7

Hi there,
Hey Melanie, even though it was a bummer, I think your Doc did the right thing canceling you transfer. I also started spotting like this, but my Dr decided to go ahead with the transfer. Even though all was good otherwise and we had a perfect embryo the transfer failed. The theory is that it was a result of an imbalance of hormones. I am now at another go of it and they started me on a bit of estrogen before the transfer and added a lower dose of progesterone after the transfer. Before they had me on no estrogen and a higher dose of progesterone. Also, my cycle was still off from my retrieval, so I think it was just bad timing all around. I am now in the 2ww of our 2nd attempt, all is well and I feel SO much more confident this time. I hope everything eventually worked out for you.