Sooo....we chose one!

Sooo....we chose one!

June 1st, 2012, 1:48 am #1

Thanks very much for all of the thoughts last night on choosing a donor. After several hours of soul searching, talking it through with my husband....and ultimately, a call to my mother....we chose the donor I posted about last night. Thanks also for the advice on the significance of blood type. Hers is A+. As I said, I have absolutely no idea what my blood type is - but I assume after the hundreds of blood draws my clinic has done on me over the last 8 years, someone there ought to be able to tell me. I selected her through the database at about 1am last night. We are using a shared donor program through our clinic - 1 donor to 3 recipient couples. When I selected her last night, 2 recipients were still needed. I got an email from my clinic at 9:45am this morning saying that the match was already complete - meaning that another couple had also selected her last night or possibly this morning. We were this close to missing out on her (this time around at least), so I'm glad I was able to reach a point last night when I felt certain about the decision.
I got butterflies when I read the confirmation email this morning, since it stated that we should expect to complete the treatment cycle within the next 6-10 weeks. Wow. We couldn't be more excited!! I assume that this protocol will be similar to that which we followed in previous FETs with my own eggs, though I'm not certain. I'm looking forward to finding out the details when I talk to my nurse next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to the PIO shots....but, as I've told myself on countless previous cycles - it will all be worth it in the end......someday. We are so very hopeful that this will finally be our successful cycle. I'm trying REALLY hard to remind myself that DE is just another treatment option, not a guarantee of success - but the increased favorable odds (over using my own crappy eggs) make it difficult not to be full of hope. Dangerous, I realize. Sigh.

June 1st, 2012, 1:55 am #2

And although you did not post it, given the VA in your name, I have a feeling that you are with the same clinic I used. I am a grad of the 1 for 3 program (as are a few other women on this board) and we know what it is like searching that database. My match was complete within hours of our selection too. Our donor spoke to us like yours did to you. My 18 month old DD looks just like my DH (and nothing like me) but the donor sounded like me on her profile and some of "me" is truly coming out in my DD. She has my personality which I love. Good luck and keep us posted.
Last edited by JuJules on June 1st, 2012, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 1st, 2012, 5:19 am #3

Thanks very much for all of the thoughts last night on choosing a donor. After several hours of soul searching, talking it through with my husband....and ultimately, a call to my mother....we chose the donor I posted about last night. Thanks also for the advice on the significance of blood type. Hers is A+. As I said, I have absolutely no idea what my blood type is - but I assume after the hundreds of blood draws my clinic has done on me over the last 8 years, someone there ought to be able to tell me. I selected her through the database at about 1am last night. We are using a shared donor program through our clinic - 1 donor to 3 recipient couples. When I selected her last night, 2 recipients were still needed. I got an email from my clinic at 9:45am this morning saying that the match was already complete - meaning that another couple had also selected her last night or possibly this morning. We were this close to missing out on her (this time around at least), so I'm glad I was able to reach a point last night when I felt certain about the decision.
I got butterflies when I read the confirmation email this morning, since it stated that we should expect to complete the treatment cycle within the next 6-10 weeks. Wow. We couldn't be more excited!! I assume that this protocol will be similar to that which we followed in previous FETs with my own eggs, though I'm not certain. I'm looking forward to finding out the details when I talk to my nurse next week. I can't say I'm looking forward to the PIO shots....but, as I've told myself on countless previous cycles - it will all be worth it in the end......someday. We are so very hopeful that this will finally be our successful cycle. I'm trying REALLY hard to remind myself that DE is just another treatment option, not a guarantee of success - but the increased favorable odds (over using my own crappy eggs) make it difficult not to be full of hope. Dangerous, I realize. Sigh.
She sounded like a good choice for you. Glad to here she was available . It will all go pretty quickly now. And you may not do PIO shots. I never did those myself.

June 1st, 2012, 7:11 am #4

Congratulations! Will be looking forward to reading more good news from you!

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

June 1st, 2012, 2:23 pm #5

As I said below, who the person (people in my case) actually was matters a lot more than appearance to me.

June 1st, 2012, 3:44 pm #6

Butterflies in your stomach, I know the feeling Congrats on taking that calculated risk and already, it has been worth it. I hope your stay on this yellow board is short!

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

June 3rd, 2012, 7:28 pm #7

You are that much closer to being a Mom - fingers crossed!

Please do keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!