So nervous about first scan on Friday :( mc ment.

So nervous about first scan on Friday :( mc ment.

Chris
Chris

December 8th, 2011, 2:20 am #1

Hey Ladies,

I know I have many hurdles ahead but I am so anxious about my first scan on Friday. We transferred two perfect blasts and my betas were terrific...so good that I didn't need a third, 128 and 353. HOWEVER, I can't shake the scary sense that we won't see a sac. I thought for certain that doing donor would ease my fears but it really hasn't.

I also have different signs this time pregnant. Smells are not bothering me at all but I don't have much of an appetite either. My cramps are really bad and feel like my period is coming although no bleeding at all. I keep thinking I am going to start any second! I'm tired and my bbs are sore but that is about it...p4 does that to me whether I am pg or not.

This just can't be easy, can it I've never made it past seven weeks...one heartbeat and then lost it a week later. This was with OE.

I have a four hour drive to the clinic city tomorrow afternoon. That is going to be a long drive home on Friday if the scan is not good. I wish I could feel good about this!!

Cathy
Cathy

December 8th, 2011, 3:02 am #2

I'll try and talk you down off the ledge a little, as I went through the same thing. You just have to think about it being a day by day thing, and today for you there's no good reason to feel so scared. You have good signs - lack of an appetite, cramps that are common with pg when your uterus is stretching, and being tired and having sore bbs. And importantly, this is a DE pg.

Unfortunately, being scared may not stop. You can ask anyone on the pink board this and they'll agree. Just don't let fear overwhelm you so that you don't think positively and enjoy this great time of your life.

Wishing you a wonderful ride home on Friday.

December 8th, 2011, 3:36 am #3

Hey Ladies,

I know I have many hurdles ahead but I am so anxious about my first scan on Friday. We transferred two perfect blasts and my betas were terrific...so good that I didn't need a third, 128 and 353. HOWEVER, I can't shake the scary sense that we won't see a sac. I thought for certain that doing donor would ease my fears but it really hasn't.

I also have different signs this time pregnant. Smells are not bothering me at all but I don't have much of an appetite either. My cramps are really bad and feel like my period is coming although no bleeding at all. I keep thinking I am going to start any second! I'm tired and my bbs are sore but that is about it...p4 does that to me whether I am pg or not.

This just can't be easy, can it I've never made it past seven weeks...one heartbeat and then lost it a week later. This was with OE.

I have a four hour drive to the clinic city tomorrow afternoon. That is going to be a long drive home on Friday if the scan is not good. I wish I could feel good about this!!
At this point you have no reason at all to think you are not pregnant. With two perfect blasts and great betas you have no real reason to worry. Just think positive thoughts about your little bean or beans. It's totally normal to not have any changes in smell at all. Same thing with appetite. You are pregnant until told otherwise. Wishing you a great scan tomorrow!

December 8th, 2011, 4:00 am #4

Hey Ladies,

I know it's hard to get your mind on something else, but see if you can take some time to do something that you enjoy doing. Whether it's going for a walk, talking to an old friend, going shopping, WHATEVER. Just find something that can get you into a relaxed state of mind.

So breathe, and I wish you the best on Friday, and will look for an update.

December 8th, 2011, 2:52 pm #5

Hey Ladies,

I was apprehensive each time I stepped into the drs office (and the night before!). It is natural after all of this effort.
My advice, the same advice folks gave me, have a positive attitude and remember the odds are on your side- you are pregnant.
This is a big milestone, and you may see everything, you may have to wait a few days for a HB....try not to let it get the best of you.
I'll be thinking of you...stay strong!

Chris
Chris

December 8th, 2011, 3:33 pm #6

Hey Ladies,

I'm normally an incredibly strong person. I have nerves of steel, as you would have to after all we have been through. However, I really needed to hear what you ladies wrote to make me feel better.

I just normally thought this would be a piece of cake since we were doing DE and I am so surprised how all my fears and concerns are the same as with OE! Not even good betas (for a change) is easing it very much.

Thank you so much for your words. Like you said..I am pg until told otherwise! I am very touched and lucky to have such a wonderful support group of ladies. I hope we all get to share in healthy, happy pregnancies together soon!

I will keep you posted!

Baby dust!

Chris

December 8th, 2011, 11:09 pm #7

LIke you, I thought the anxiety of the beta game would be water under the bridge. It was a little easier, but just a little.
I wanted to point out one time when you will probably feel a great sigh of relief- when you get good marks on the Nuchal Translucency Test and Amnio and CVS are not even discussed. In fact, I was soooo programmed due to OE that I would be doing either CVS or Amnio...that the OB had to really spell out that it was only going to improve my odds by 1%. For the week or two after this milestone....I thought thank god- if my OE, I would be freaking out now.
Small victories! Wishing you great news with your scan and that they get easier as you progress.
BTW- I am 32 wks and yes...I was questioning even this week....is she moving around enough? And the dilemma of buying the nursery furniture without jinxing the whole process. I drove myself mad!
GL

Chris
Chris

December 10th, 2011, 1:22 am #8

You are right...When I heard that Michelle Duggar miscarried, I felt bad for her but it made me feel relieved that I am pg with DE and was not dealing with all this with my OE. I just cannot go through that again!! It is not worth it to me anymore just to try to have a genetic connection. I am already feeling very connected to my DE babies.

DE is giving me a peace of mind and with the good results from today, I can finally relax just a litte.

Thank you!