So embarassing...no judgement PLEASE!

So embarassing...no judgement PLEASE!

Lisa
Lisa

June 27th, 2012, 1:37 am #1

Hi,
Ok, I'm a major idiot. I had a transfer on Friday. They said the embryo was beautiful. I know I wasn't supposed to have sex, and I didn't. I didn't think that that meant no orgasm...so, I think you know where this is going. I had one on Saturday night. It was over 24 hours after. I called the nurse and she said not to worry but of course I read online stuff and some say its fine, some say not to. The bottom line is: I'm an idiot. Thoughts?

SingaporeJenn
SingaporeJenn

June 27th, 2012, 3:03 am #2

Don't worry about it. Not only do I think it won't affect the outcome regardless, perhaps it will even help you relax and get a happy endorphin rush, which can go a long way in destressing your body. Given how stressful this process is, that may be a good thing as far as implantation goes. Try not to beat yourself up. Hoping for a BFP for you soon!

June 27th, 2012, 3:29 am #3

Hi,
Ok, I'm a major idiot. I had a transfer on Friday. They said the embryo was beautiful. I know I wasn't supposed to have sex, and I didn't. I didn't think that that meant no orgasm...so, I think you know where this is going. I had one on Saturday night. It was over 24 hours after. I called the nurse and she said not to worry but of course I read online stuff and some say its fine, some say not to. The bottom line is: I'm an idiot. Thoughts?
How many people do you think there would be on the earth if having an orgasm w/i a few days of conception frequently caused m/c? Just sayin'. M.

Lisa
Lisa

June 27th, 2012, 4:33 am #4

Oh, thank you ladies, I do feel better. Frankly, this is the most stressful thing I have ever done in my life. July 5, I go for my blood work.

Zoya2
Zoya2

June 27th, 2012, 6:05 am #5

Hi,
We are given so many instructions during this process, and I've come to expect that we can only do the best we can. Seriously. There are so many points at which you can think you did something wrong. I bet you're fine! I'm crossing my fingers for you, and hoping to see you post good news next week.

Lisa
Lisa

June 27th, 2012, 12:53 pm #6

Hey,
I remembered that we are cycling at the same time. How are you doing?

sugar
sugar

June 27th, 2012, 1:22 pm #7

Hi,
The strangest thing has happened to me during three OE 2ww's which has NEVER happened to me at any other time. Between 48 - 72 hours post transfer I have spontaneous orgasms in my sleep to which I awake feeling great and then I gasp, "OH SH-T I'M IN THE 2WW!!!!!" and then I am consumed with worry. Well I have come to the conclusion that I am maxed out on progesterone 400 supps 2x day and 2cc PIO so it has to be that? What else could it be? I have never mentioned it to the docs or nurses b/c what has happened has happened and it is not like I can control it. Although I have not had a BFP that has stuck I highly doubt the spontaneous O's are the culprit, just my unhealthy over 40 eggs . So I would say do not worry about it and there is nothing like it for stress relief and this process is certainly stressful to say the least. Good luck!

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 27th, 2012, 1:26 pm #8

And only ever in my life when cycling.

OP, please try not to worry. Good luck with your cycle and congratulations on having a healthy physical relationship with your DH that has not been ruined by frustration with ttc.

June 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm #9

The strangest thing has happened to me during three OE 2ww's which has NEVER happened to me at any other time. Between 48 - 72 hours post transfer I have spontaneous orgasms in my sleep to which I awake feeling great and then I gasp, "OH SH-T I'M IN THE 2WW!!!!!" and then I am consumed with worry. Well I have come to the conclusion that I am maxed out on progesterone 400 supps 2x day and 2cc PIO so it has to be that? What else could it be? I have never mentioned it to the docs or nurses b/c what has happened has happened and it is not like I can control it. Although I have not had a BFP that has stuck I highly doubt the spontaneous O's are the culprit, just my unhealthy over 40 eggs . So I would say do not worry about it and there is nothing like it for stress relief and this process is certainly stressful to say the least. Good luck!
Ridiculous! But same story - while cycling and then occasionally during my first trimester (when I was prohibited from doing just about anything at all due to SCH). After I was weaned off the meds, things got back to "normal" fairly quickly.

I know what you mean about the worry, but Maggie's right - the world would be a MUCH smaller (or at least less-populated) place if orgasm frequently caused miscarriage.

Lisa
Lisa

June 27th, 2012, 3:53 pm #10

I have been hearing about those orgasms while sleeping, and so far it has not happened to me.