So, egg donation touched my life in a different way today...

So, egg donation touched my life in a different way today...

June 23rd, 2012, 7:47 pm #1

When I did my egg vitrification trial at Dr Sher's, I started chatting with a woman trying to do so but having lining issues and we ultimately became FB friends and she has a gorgeous almost two yr old son now. So, 8 this morning, she calls and asks if I know of any rescue groups or no kill shelters in Fort Worth. The shelters are very, very kill here sadly and the rescues don't have actual facilities - just people working together to rescue animals. Her husband was driving from NM back to FL and found a little dog maybe 60 miles from me and I agreed to take her and find a rescue/foster for her. She's a very young Rottie/Shepherd mix (still teething) as far as I can tell and absolutely adorable though probably wormy - I just wormed, bathed and brushed her and she is just gorgeous. lol so thanks to the miracle of egg donation, I now have a puppy.

June 23rd, 2012, 8:21 pm #2

Will you keep her?
You're a good egg

June 23rd, 2012, 9:16 pm #3

lol I love other people's dogs and wouldn't mind getting an adult when the kids are older but feel the same way about small puppies as I do kittens - let someone else raise 'em! Our foster kitty Deacon is an older snaggle-toothed boy - he has stomatitis and at some point all but his canine teeth were pulled as treatment. He is butt-ugly but so tolerant and loving - the kids adore him. Definitely more our speed than Little Belle (the guy who brought her had named her Belle from the town she was found in, Bellvue, and the kids are calling her Little Belle).

Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on June 23rd, 2012, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 24th, 2012, 5:21 am #4

When I did my egg vitrification trial at Dr Sher's, I started chatting with a woman trying to do so but having lining issues and we ultimately became FB friends and she has a gorgeous almost two yr old son now. So, 8 this morning, she calls and asks if I know of any rescue groups or no kill shelters in Fort Worth. The shelters are very, very kill here sadly and the rescues don't have actual facilities - just people working together to rescue animals. Her husband was driving from NM back to FL and found a little dog maybe 60 miles from me and I agreed to take her and find a rescue/foster for her. She's a very young Rottie/Shepherd mix (still teething) as far as I can tell and absolutely adorable though probably wormy - I just wormed, bathed and brushed her and she is just gorgeous. lol so thanks to the miracle of egg donation, I now have a puppy.

I hope you find a home for the puppy soon.

June 24th, 2012, 2:49 pm #5

lol I love other people's dogs and wouldn't mind getting an adult when the kids are older but feel the same way about small puppies as I do kittens - let someone else raise 'em! Our foster kitty Deacon is an older snaggle-toothed boy - he has stomatitis and at some point all but his canine teeth were pulled as treatment. He is butt-ugly but so tolerant and loving - the kids adore him. Definitely more our speed than Little Belle (the guy who brought her had named her Belle from the town she was found in, Bellvue, and the kids are calling her Little Belle).

My mom brought home an abused kitten she had saved from a pack of teenagers, just "for the night," when I was little (she hated cats) and ten years later... he was still my BFF. GL with that . I agree with cotton... you're a good egg, BT . Hugs,
Kenny

June 25th, 2012, 2:30 am #6

A little ED pup!!! love it!

Are you going to keep her or try to find a home?

If you keep her I bet she turns out to be an amazing dog -- what a great mix!

sas

June 25th, 2012, 2:49 am #7

nt
Last edited by sangelas on June 25th, 2012, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.