sleeping issues

sleeping issues

July 13th, 2012, 3:24 am #1

DS is almost 17 months and co-sleeps. We are fine with that for now. We have had major chaos in our house with workers here almost daily to fix the house up to put it on the market. So, until things settle down we will maintain status quo with bottles and sleeping arrangements. The problem is, this last week he has been really difficult to get to bed. He just wants to run around and play. He doesn't seem tired at all. I don't think he is overtired, as he takes long naps and only falls asleep in the car if he is in it during his usual nap time. He used to have a bottle and be asleep by 8pm and sleep til 7am. Now he is all over the place...awake til 9-10pm and up in morning anywhere between 5am and 9am. It all started a couple of weeks ago when he awoke one morning at 5am (usual for many months had been 7am). He slept more total hours for a few days, then lost any semblance of schedule. He does seem to be going through a developmental period. He has been climbing and running much better and is adding new words to his vocabulary every day. But this sleep thing has me baffled. Any thoughts?

July 13th, 2012, 11:13 am #2

That's an age where they often drop it. Perhaps he's getting ready to drop it and that's messing him up? We've had bunches of sleep issues here, so I can empathize. My 28 month old hasn't taken a nap at all the last 4 days. I'm scared he's trying to drop it totally which is wigging me out.

July 13th, 2012, 12:38 pm #3

DS is almost 17 months and co-sleeps. We are fine with that for now. We have had major chaos in our house with workers here almost daily to fix the house up to put it on the market. So, until things settle down we will maintain status quo with bottles and sleeping arrangements. The problem is, this last week he has been really difficult to get to bed. He just wants to run around and play. He doesn't seem tired at all. I don't think he is overtired, as he takes long naps and only falls asleep in the car if he is in it during his usual nap time. He used to have a bottle and be asleep by 8pm and sleep til 7am. Now he is all over the place...awake til 9-10pm and up in morning anywhere between 5am and 9am. It all started a couple of weeks ago when he awoke one morning at 5am (usual for many months had been 7am). He slept more total hours for a few days, then lost any semblance of schedule. He does seem to be going through a developmental period. He has been climbing and running much better and is adding new words to his vocabulary every day. But this sleep thing has me baffled. Any thoughts?

Waking up at 5 am now! This started a couple of weeks ago so I tried pushing back her bedtime and she only got up earlier and slept longer during her morning nap! WTH!!!???
I need to her to at least sleep until 6 so I can get ready for work! I'm hopeful someone has some great wisdom in the posts to come!
All my best to you!
ks

July 13th, 2012, 6:10 pm #4

So glad to see I am not alone in this. Please, if anyone has advice--HELP.

My kid will be 3 the end of Sept. This last week has been crazy. She goes to bed ok but then after 20 minutes cries, fusses, gets out of bed once or twice and has to go through the whole night-night routine again to get back to sleep. She sleeps fine at daycare nap and at home on the weekends. She has also 3 times in the last week gotten up at 4:30 or 5 and can't/won't go back to sleep and settle down. This is killing me. She has slept through the night since 3 months so this is NEW. Honestly, breastfeeding twins babies is not hammering me- these new sleep patterns from my toddler are just brutal on my sleep.

We have just about daytime pottytraining complete, and sometimes nightime and that is the only difference in her life, (apart from having 3 month old baby brothers). She has an explosively expanding vocabulary and has learned to somesault, take on/off her "childproof" car seatbelt and purse her lips to blow soap bubbles all in the last 10 days. Do I blame it on all that growth?

How do I get her back on the right track? NEVER dealt with this before.

July 14th, 2012, 3:41 am #5

That's an age where they often drop it. Perhaps he's getting ready to drop it and that's messing him up? We've had bunches of sleep issues here, so I can empathize. My 28 month old hasn't taken a nap at all the last 4 days. I'm scared he's trying to drop it totally which is wigging me out.
he hasn't had a morning nap since he was about 12 months old. Images of the sleeping baby are sooo elusive in real life!

July 14th, 2012, 3:42 am #6

Waking up at 5 am now! This started a couple of weeks ago so I tried pushing back her bedtime and she only got up earlier and slept longer during her morning nap! WTH!!!???
I need to her to at least sleep until 6 so I can get ready for work! I'm hopeful someone has some great wisdom in the posts to come!
All my best to you!
ks

DS has done that a couple of times, but not on a regular basis recently. Oh, I feel for you!

July 14th, 2012, 3:43 am #7

So glad to see I am not alone in this. Please, if anyone has advice--HELP.

My kid will be 3 the end of Sept. This last week has been crazy. She goes to bed ok but then after 20 minutes cries, fusses, gets out of bed once or twice and has to go through the whole night-night routine again to get back to sleep. She sleeps fine at daycare nap and at home on the weekends. She has also 3 times in the last week gotten up at 4:30 or 5 and can't/won't go back to sleep and settle down. This is killing me. She has slept through the night since 3 months so this is NEW. Honestly, breastfeeding twins babies is not hammering me- these new sleep patterns from my toddler are just brutal on my sleep.

We have just about daytime pottytraining complete, and sometimes nightime and that is the only difference in her life, (apart from having 3 month old baby brothers). She has an explosively expanding vocabulary and has learned to somesault, take on/off her "childproof" car seatbelt and purse her lips to blow soap bubbles all in the last 10 days. Do I blame it on all that growth?

How do I get her back on the right track? NEVER dealt with this before.
I will quit complaining! You have your hands full!