Should I continue larginine and vitamin E? (success mentioned) (x-post)

Should I continue larginine and vitamin E? (success mentioned) (x-post)

Anon
Anon

February 2nd, 2011, 4:41 pm #1

Hi,
I'm heading into another FET and was wondering if I should continue larginine and vitamin E for recent lining issues.

However, and I know this logic makes no sense, I kind of what to replicate what I did when I got pg with my DD 2 years ago (acupuncture, raw herbs, that's it). Do you know if larginine and vitamin E could hinder chances to get pg or is it really a case of "it can't hurt"?

Thanks!

bbg
bbg

February 2nd, 2011, 6:18 pm #2

In general, I think, "it can't hurt" but you do have to be aware of how much Vit E you are taking and whether you will also be taking baby aspirin or Lovenox. Vit E is an anticoagulant so you may want to leave that off if you will be taking baby aspirin or Lovenox. In any event, don't take more than 400 IUs per day.

Anon
Anon

February 2nd, 2011, 6:20 pm #3

Hi,
No, I don't take either.

Is there any harm to continuing the l-arginine?

Thanks!

February 2nd, 2011, 7:09 pm #4

Hi,
I'm heading into another FET and was wondering if I should continue larginine and vitamin E for recent lining issues.

However, and I know this logic makes no sense, I kind of what to replicate what I did when I got pg with my DD 2 years ago (acupuncture, raw herbs, that's it). Do you know if larginine and vitamin E could hinder chances to get pg or is it really a case of "it can't hurt"?

Thanks!
similar herbs. I would take ultimate advice from your doctor, but these herbs have not been tested and you do not know how they will interact with your ivf meds.

Here is a link which says that larginine has an intereaction with estrogen, so I would advise extreme caution.

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/ ... inine.html

Really, you should ask your doctor about this and the Vitamin E just to be sure.

Daisy
xx
Last edited by loochieuk on February 2nd, 2011, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 2nd, 2011, 9:31 pm #5

Hi,

Thanks!
or 1000 iu daily to help lining, what dose did they suggest for you?

I bought some Vitamin E this week and have been taking 800 iu + baby aspirin + fish oil, for general lining health (not currently in a cycle)