shared cycle questions please read

shared cycle questions please read

iliaT
iliaT

June 19th, 2011, 6:29 pm #1

Those of you that had success in a shared de cycle...were you the primary, secondary, or tertiary recipient? Hope this question was worded right.
Congrats if you had success. So sorry if you did not. Thanks for your time...just getting a little scared about all of this. Any advice and info would be really appreciated!

Julie
Julie

June 19th, 2011, 8:05 pm #2

I was the primary. I did 2 fresh single recipient cycles in FL which were not successful and then switched to Shared Risk 1:3 at SG. WHen I first switched to SG I selected a donor and was the tertiary recipient but that donor went AWOL so I never cycled with her. I chose a different donor and was the primary recipient due to my history vs. the other recipients -- I had 2 failed fresh cycles (including a m/c at 9 wks), 1 failed FET and a cancelled cycled. At SG they look at history in ranking the recipients -- it does not matter if you select the donor first -- your history is the determining factor.

Anon7
Anon7

June 20th, 2011, 12:11 am #3

Those of you that had success in a shared de cycle...were you the primary, secondary, or tertiary recipient? Hope this question was worded right.
Congrats if you had success. So sorry if you did not. Thanks for your time...just getting a little scared about all of this. Any advice and info would be really appreciated!
and my clinic considers you 'secondary' if you chose the donor 2nd. The extra egg also goes to the folks who chose the donor 1st. My donor appears to be doing well, and goes to retrievel tomorrow, so I'll be posting an update tomorrow evening re: #eggs retrieved/# I get. And then on Tuesday evening with the # that fertilized. My transfer is tentatively scheduled for this coming Saturday.....Best of luck to you!

cotton
cotton

June 20th, 2011, 2:41 am #4

At my clinic, they split the eggs evenly. If it's an odd number, the primary gets an extra one. If the donor does not produce enough eggs to split the cycle (I was never given a clear answer as to how few is too few,) then the primary gets all the eggs. The secondary is bumped, but gets her money back.

I was secondary once and this exact scenario happened: she only produced 5 eggs and we got cancelled at retrieval. It's devastating because you're so excited/stressed that day, and you're pumped full of hormones, and to get the call is awful. But at least we got our money back and I remember thinking I was glad I wasn't the primary with so few eggs.

In answer to your question, I've gotten pregnant twice: once was an early m/c and the other was my ds. I don't think my success had anything to do with being primary or secondary. I've been primary on cycles that haven't worked, as well. It's a difficult riddle to solve, but I hope this helps.

iliaT
iliaT

June 20th, 2011, 3:17 pm #5

I really appreciate the info...just wondering if there was any difference in success being 1st 2nd or third...AND if anyone ever had success at all being third. Just wondering in case that happens. Guess I am scared of everything at this point! Thanks again

Leigh888
Leigh888

June 20th, 2011, 4:05 pm #6

First cycle, I was first in line. Chemical pregnancy. I know that one of the other three recipients got pregnant. I am not sure if she was second or third recipient.

Second cycle, I was also first in line. This time it worked. I don't know about the second recipient. Third recipient is pregnant too.

June 21st, 2011, 8:24 pm #7

I was a donor for a split cycle through Cooper. The primary couple didn't get pregnant but the secondary couple became pregnant with twins. I don't think it matters if you are primary or secondary unless there is an odd number of eggs produced.

iliaT
iliaT

June 22nd, 2011, 4:01 pm #8

First cycle, I was first in line. Chemical pregnancy. I know that one of the other three recipients got pregnant. I am not sure if she was second or third recipient.

Second cycle, I was also first in line. This time it worked. I don't know about the second recipient. Third recipient is pregnant too.
for the info and congrats!

iliaT
iliaT

June 22nd, 2011, 4:02 pm #9

I was a donor for a split cycle through Cooper. The primary couple didn't get pregnant but the secondary couple became pregnant with twins. I don't think it matters if you are primary or secondary unless there is an odd number of eggs produced.
n/t