Shady Grove - RE recommendations please!!

Shady Grove - RE recommendations please!!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

September 3rd, 2012, 3:56 pm #1

Since I live in Texas, I need help selecting a RE at Shady Grove. I will be going to the Rockville clinic for their donor program.

Raineycat recommended Dr J e a n n e O'B r i e n. She works out of Rockville and Frederick. She's exceptionally caring and compassionate.

Anyone else??? I will be calling this wk to set up my phone consult to get things in motion.

Thanks ladies,

FB

Julie
Julie

September 3rd, 2012, 6:42 pm #2

Ch.ang. I would not say he was the warmest, fuzziest guy but what I liked about him was after he reviewed my file he said "well, I don't see any reason why we can't get you pregnant" and I was sold. I had just left an RE who WAS very warm and fuzzy -- that is he had a great bedside manner -- but after my 1 OE BFN, 2 DE fresh cycles (1 m/c and 1 BFN) 1 DE FET, my former RE started blaming my uterus. I was a little peeved (although I still really like this RE) because I had zero problems with my uterus. We knew that my m/c was due to a trisomy because we were able to retrieve the products of conception -- how does he start blaming my uterus? I think the over-suppressed my 2nd donor because in her previous cycles they retrieved an average of 21 eggs and I got a whopping 6. He knew DH had done a bunch of testing and I had done a bunch of testing after the m/c but before we knew the reason why. I have MTHFR but no homocysteins but we went for overkill and did lovenox on my 2nd DE fresh and frozen. So I guess it was easier to blame me than to blame themselves.

I digressed up there but to me it is important. I had this RE that I LOVED -- DH and I joked that I had a crush on him but then it was my fault on the WTF call. Ch.ang was a breath of fresh air after that -- he had my files from the former RE and he could see that I my uterus was not to blame -- I always had a perfect lining. He stopped the lovenox and just put me on higher doses of folic acid for my MTHFR. Net-net -- it all worked for me. If you need somebody that takes a bunch of time with you, he might not be the one. I live in the DC area and I think I saw him for a grand total of 90 minutes -- 30 minute consult, 15 minutes at fresh transfer, 15 minutes at FET and 15 minutes at U/S confirming pregnancy. WHoops -- that is 75 minutes. But, working with him is how I got pregnant. I just liked his confidence.

Good luck.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

September 3rd, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

Since I live in Texas, I need help selecting a RE at Shady Grove. I will be going to the Rockville clinic for their donor program.

Raineycat recommended Dr J e a n n e O'B r i e n. She works out of Rockville and Frederick. She's exceptionally caring and compassionate.

Anyone else??? I will be calling this wk to set up my phone consult to get things in motion.

Thanks ladies,

FB
On the other forums, I mentioned in the post below I have read wonderful things about Espisito and O'Brien. I had Dr. Sago skin. He wasn't really warm and fuzzy but was willing to listen and change things when I wanted to switch bcp's and add additional PIO to the standard protocol. Like the pp, he reviewed my history and verbalized he was confident he could get me pregnant....and since he did I was pleased with him. He is one of the founding RE's.

September 3rd, 2012, 8:46 pm #4

Thanks ladies,

FB
We're working with Dr. Mottla. I see him in the Annapolis office, not sure if he sees patients in the Rockville HQ or not, but it's worth asking. I'm very happy with him: proactive, informative, responsive, warm and kind.

Good luck!

Kerry
Kerry

September 3rd, 2012, 10:18 pm #5

Thanks ladies,

FB
I see Dr. Levens at Rockville and both my husband and I were very impressed by him. He is probably the nicest, most down to earth doctor I have ever met. He really took his time to answer my questions and explain things during our phone consult and was the same in person. My RE prior to him had a very blunt manner - although I liked her at first, I eventually was put off by it. I think it is important to have a doctor who is empathetic and who does not add to the stress we all experience with IF.

September 3rd, 2012, 11:08 pm #6

Thanks ladies,

FB
I will also be seeing Dr. Levens. We met him in person back in April. And the 20min phone conversation in Aug with him could have been with my dad. He was warm and caring and well spoken. We meet with him tomorrow - looking forward to it!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

September 4th, 2012, 1:08 am #7

Thanks ladies,

FB
This is a great list to get me started. I will be calling tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thanks everyone,

FB