shady grove gals some info?

shady grove gals some info?

injk
injk

May 26th, 2011, 2:20 pm #1

how did they split the eggs if you were in the 1 to 3 shared cycle? Do they start with the one that picked first? Thanks!!!

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 26th, 2011, 3:51 pm #2

They base it on your history. The longer the fertility history, the closer you are to the number one spot.

May 26th, 2011, 5:18 pm #3

how did they split the eggs if you were in the 1 to 3 shared cycle? Do they start with the one that picked first? Thanks!!!
Sometimes when someone asks me about cycling in the Czech Republic where I got pg w/my twins, I'll reply that I'd be more inclined to go to a lower cost clinic in the U.S. like Shady Grove or CNY these days. But for women like me who started late and needed DE, but don't have long IF histories, SG's scheme for dividing up the eggs could be a real screwover! Does anyone know how CNY does it? Thanks, Maggie (in VA)

May 26th, 2011, 6:37 pm #4

Leigh is kind of right.... they go by your history and also your failed DE history. If you don't have much IF history (I didn't) and I picked first, I was bumped to the 3rd slot. I do know that one of my recipients had had a failed DE cycle before, so that made me feel a little better. I do know if my 1st try had failed, I would have been bumped to 1st or 2nd next time... So, it really depends on who has picked the donor.

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 26th, 2011, 8:08 pm #5

You explained it much better than me.

injk
injk

May 27th, 2011, 2:29 pm #6

They base it on your history. The longer the fertility history, the closer you are to the number one spot.
I appreciate your replies.