SG visit scheduled.

SG visit scheduled.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 24th, 2011, 5:23 pm #1

Just scheduled a visit to SG for me and my dh on 11/29. Hope my cycle cooperates and dh is able to get the time off. Having an HSG at home after next CD 1. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

October 24th, 2011, 5:27 pm #2

I hope you have a great experience there . . . my boss has two beautiful little boys from cycles at SG. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

October 24th, 2011, 5:45 pm #3

Just scheduled a visit to SG for me and my dh on 11/29. Hope my cycle cooperates and dh is able to get the time off. Having an HSG at home after next CD 1. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
I just think that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself and feel equipped to move forward with a plan.

As an OOT cycler, everything was scheduled so that we were able to do our intake, mock transfer, meet with our doctor, meet with our nurse, meet with the ED coordinator and meet with the financial counselor all in one day (we could have met with the fertility psychologist, but we had already had fertility counseling at the 1st clinic where we started to cycle). Right after the appointment, we also were able to pick up meds at the pharmacy right downstairs from the clinic to start our mock cycle in our hotel room that evening (we planned the trip based on where we were in our cycle).

The system is super user-friendly. There are lots of SG grads on the boards so you can get lots of input (we are not yet grads...but we are 18 weeks now...so we are getting there).

What is planned for your visit on 11/29?

Seymo
Seymo

October 24th, 2011, 8:03 pm #4

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

(I am still waiting for CD1 so I can actually do my first DE cycle at SG but I have been pretty happy so far. Now if my body would just cooperate....)

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 24th, 2011, 8:13 pm #5

I just think that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself and feel equipped to move forward with a plan.

As an OOT cycler, everything was scheduled so that we were able to do our intake, mock transfer, meet with our doctor, meet with our nurse, meet with the ED coordinator and meet with the financial counselor all in one day (we could have met with the fertility psychologist, but we had already had fertility counseling at the 1st clinic where we started to cycle). Right after the appointment, we also were able to pick up meds at the pharmacy right downstairs from the clinic to start our mock cycle in our hotel room that evening (we planned the trip based on where we were in our cycle).

The system is super user-friendly. There are lots of SG grads on the boards so you can get lots of input (we are not yet grads...but we are 18 weeks now...so we are getting there).

What is planned for your visit on 11/29?
I can't believe you are 18 weeks along...how exciting!
We are schedule to do all the same stuff you mentioned minus the counseling visit too b/c we did it with our previous clinic. I have been very pleased with everything so far. Lisa, the OOT coordinator I've been working with has been fantastic. We actually had a appt for Nov. 8 but then my dh had a work conflict so we had to reschedule. The communication so far has been fantastic, much better than my local clinic. I only wish I knew about SG before I wasted $30,000 cycling with the local clinic. Thanks again for your support!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 24th, 2011, 8:13 pm #6

I hope you have a great experience there . . . my boss has two beautiful little boys from cycles at SG. Take care, Maggie (in VA)
I love them.

Mrs M
Mrs M

October 24th, 2011, 8:24 pm #7

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

(I am still waiting for CD1 so I can actually do my first DE cycle at SG but I have been pretty happy so far. Now if my body would just cooperate....)
I hope your AF arrives soon...waiting is the worst. I hope my body behaves. We made the appt date based on two 25 day average cycle lengths but I'm a little nervous. Since May I had a ridiclously long cycle after m/c (over seventy days and needed provera to get AF, RE said it is common after m/c), then I did a FET prep with the estrace, ganirelex and ovulated through it, then I did the FET prep with lupron and the embryo died so it has been since March that I had an AF without meds on board. I have no idea what my body is going to do left to its own devices at 44. I'm not going to book airline tickets until the first AF arrives which should be in the next week.

Julie
Julie

October 24th, 2011, 10:13 pm #8

After 2 unsuccessful DE cycles elsewhere, I found success with SG on the FET attached to my first cycle. Gave birth last November. Who is your RE? Good luck. I really liked SG.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

October 24th, 2011, 11:58 pm #9

I'm happy to hear you had success after failure elsewhere. My dh is convinced that we will not have success b/c of our initial failed cycle. Dr. Sagoskin is our doctor.

October 25th, 2011, 1:14 am #10

after my 2 unsuccessful cycles but the first cycle was actually a m/c due to Trisomy 15 -- definitely an egg issue. And I think they oversuppressed my donor for my 2nd cycle -- she normally produced 20 eggs and for me she did 6! Anyway, when Dr Chang looked at my chart he simply said "I see no reason why we can't get you pregnant." And they did. I think you are on the green board now and I am a green girl too. There are quite a few of us that kept falling on the bad side of the odds. That does not mean it will always be that way. Unfortunately it is a tougher road but it can lead to happiness. There are quite a few of us green graduates -- tell that to your DH!!