Retrieval was today ++

Retrieval was today ++

Anon7
Anon7

June 21st, 2011, 1:30 am #1

but even though I called the clinic after 4pm to see the #, I didn't receive a call back. They'd told me that they call with # fertilized, not retrieved. Am I the paying client or have a missed something here? If I ask for a retrievel # on a shared cycle, I should get one, so that I know I've got 100% transperancy. What am I missing in this equation. It really pisses me off and makes me feel like things are slanted toward the other couple. Otherwise, why NOT give me the #'s?

With regards to PIO, I have indeed been switched to oral prometrium 3x per day, and I take it with the estrace. I also was prescribed Endometrin 2x per day, but only b/c the pharmacy did not have crinone. The Endometrin was nearly $200 for about a month's supply. And just guess how much the crinone is for 1 month? $839!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, because of my shot freakishness, I've just spent over $1,000k.

I guess I have to do what I have to do. I couldn't do the shots, and couldn't take the chance I wouldn't be able to do them again tonight. I need to know I've got something I can keep up with so I don't throw my cycle off. I'm on the Prometrium 3x per day and endometrium 2x per day and when the crinone gets here I'll switch to that 2x per day versus the endometrium.

Any input on clinic not calling with # of eggs retrieved? That really gets my goat. It was like pulling eye teeth to get the # of follicles progressing. UGH. If I find out tomorrow that I have 1 or 2 fertilized eggs I'm going to drive up to the clinic and have a sit down.

Okay, calm blue oceans. Boy, this is all so hard and so out of our control.

K
K

June 21st, 2011, 2:18 am #2

They said the number that matters is what fertilizes so I heard the next day too. Good luck and try to keep calm. I'm sure you'd have heard if it was not a good number retrieved but fertilization is what counts. They've got great labs and do tons of donor cycles..... I'll be excited to hear tomorrow!! Tons and tons of luck to you!!

June 21st, 2011, 2:25 am #3

but even though I called the clinic after 4pm to see the #, I didn't receive a call back. They'd told me that they call with # fertilized, not retrieved. Am I the paying client or have a missed something here? If I ask for a retrievel # on a shared cycle, I should get one, so that I know I've got 100% transperancy. What am I missing in this equation. It really pisses me off and makes me feel like things are slanted toward the other couple. Otherwise, why NOT give me the #'s?

With regards to PIO, I have indeed been switched to oral prometrium 3x per day, and I take it with the estrace. I also was prescribed Endometrin 2x per day, but only b/c the pharmacy did not have crinone. The Endometrin was nearly $200 for about a month's supply. And just guess how much the crinone is for 1 month? $839!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, because of my shot freakishness, I've just spent over $1,000k.

I guess I have to do what I have to do. I couldn't do the shots, and couldn't take the chance I wouldn't be able to do them again tonight. I need to know I've got something I can keep up with so I don't throw my cycle off. I'm on the Prometrium 3x per day and endometrium 2x per day and when the crinone gets here I'll switch to that 2x per day versus the endometrium.

Any input on clinic not calling with # of eggs retrieved? That really gets my goat. It was like pulling eye teeth to get the # of follicles progressing. UGH. If I find out tomorrow that I have 1 or 2 fertilized eggs I'm going to drive up to the clinic and have a sit down.

then i get number of eggs retrieved, number immature, number fertilized. i think it's pretty standard practice. breathe in breathe out
Last edited by BabyCotton on June 21st, 2011, 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon7
Anon7

June 21st, 2011, 2:38 am #4

I know I am being a pain in the butt but can hardly stop myself! Thanks for your input - it puts things in perspective.

June 21st, 2011, 2:39 am #5

I just started my delestrogen shots, and for my 1st shot, my DH was out of town.

My insurance paid for a visiting nurse to come in and show me how to administer my shot. I was all set to learn to do them in my bum, but she told me that she would not want me to do that because of the awkward angle, and she was concerned about me hitting my sciatic nerve. She instead showed me how to administer the shot in my thigh, and she actually had me do it myself. I was shaking and could feel my arm frozen in the locked position when it was time for me to inject myself. She told me to line up the shot, to turn my head, then to stick the needle in. When I did that, I was able to give myself the shot. Of course, in the thigh, I did have a good bit of localized swelling, and redness and still a hole lingers that looks like a big open pore. I hated doing the shot, and know that there will be some times, in the very near future when I will have to do my shots myself, and that includes the PIO (which should be added next week).

Not telling the number of eggs retrieved is very annoying. In this process it seems as if clinic's and agencies would know by now that we as recipients obsess over even the most minute of things. If there's no real reason not to tell you how many were retrieved, why not just let you know for sanity's sake and the sake of transparency? If they're not going to tell you how many were retrieved, why tell you how many follicles the donor has? These numbers really correlate.

June 21st, 2011, 2:53 am #6

rest up!!! Easier said than done, I know, my dear sister in the struggle.
Last edited by elseeG on June 21st, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 21st, 2011, 2:53 am #7

rest up!!! Easier said than done, I know, my dear sister in the struggle.
Last edited by elseeG on June 21st, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Denise
Denise

June 21st, 2011, 2:56 am #8

We found out number retrieved and number fertilized next day we also did a split cycle. Hang in there number fertilized you can not control(in god's hands) and has nothing to do with number received in a split cycle.

June 21st, 2011, 3:10 am #9

I just started my delestrogen shots, and for my 1st shot, my DH was out of town.

My insurance paid for a visiting nurse to come in and show me how to administer my shot. I was all set to learn to do them in my bum, but she told me that she would not want me to do that because of the awkward angle, and she was concerned about me hitting my sciatic nerve. She instead showed me how to administer the shot in my thigh, and she actually had me do it myself. I was shaking and could feel my arm frozen in the locked position when it was time for me to inject myself. She told me to line up the shot, to turn my head, then to stick the needle in. When I did that, I was able to give myself the shot. Of course, in the thigh, I did have a good bit of localized swelling, and redness and still a hole lingers that looks like a big open pore. I hated doing the shot, and know that there will be some times, in the very near future when I will have to do my shots myself, and that includes the PIO (which should be added next week).

Not telling the number of eggs retrieved is very annoying. In this process it seems as if clinic's and agencies would know by now that we as recipients obsess over even the most minute of things. If there's no real reason not to tell you how many were retrieved, why not just let you know for sanity's sake and the sake of transparency? If they're not going to tell you how many were retrieved, why tell you how many follicles the donor has? These numbers really correlate.
I have suffered badly from a couple of sciatica flares in years past and the PIO never did anything to cause issues. I know I am only one person but if any other sciatica vets read this and are worried, you can at least have one person's testament of no issues from PIO. In fact, the last cycle, I injected over 90% into the previously afflicted side.

K
K

June 21st, 2011, 3:34 am #10

It didn't bother my sciatica either.... Nt