replied to bmi thread below again

replied to bmi thread below again

annieonnie
annieonnie

July 23rd, 2011, 11:55 pm #1

n/t

July 24th, 2011, 8:07 pm #2

Yes, I'm the person who could still easily eat 1lb of pasta!

PS I just discovered a great iPhone app: myfitnesspal. If you don't have a Driod or iPhone there's a web site you can use to track all your food calories and exercise to help you lose weight.

July 25th, 2011, 1:49 am #3

n/t
..my bmi was 44.6...i am morbidly obese, diabetic and was 47 years old and my donor was also overweight and smoked cigarettes ( a friend of mine that had 5 kids)
we had poor egg quality, and only 6 eggs ..everything was against this cycle and in fact the re wanted to cancel and i said absolutely no...
i got pg on the first try...had absolutely no problems at all during my pregnancy...diabetes was diet controlled until the nutritionist basically forced me to go on metformin at 34 weeks...saying i was not eating enough ...i complied and started eating more carbs (that was what they had the problem with..said i wasnt eating enough of them)
i had virtually no problems at all... my son was born vaginally at 40 weeks and exactly on his due date... and weighed 7 and a half pounds... ...he is now 3 yrs old ...extremely bright, very social and joy to be around.

i know my experience isnt an ideal situation but it worked for us...
i would like to say dont be too hard on yourself...life isnt perfect and not all mothers are in perfect health when they get pg even with OE.
I dont know who the original poster on this subject was but i wish them luck...
sorry i went and calculated my bmi at the time i got pg and it was higher than i thought...my memory fails me!
Last edited by Colleen60 on July 25th, 2011, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

annieonnie
annieonnie

July 25th, 2011, 2:05 pm #4

Yes, I'm the person who could still easily eat 1lb of pasta!

PS I just discovered a great iPhone app: myfitnesspal. If you don't have a Driod or iPhone there's a web site you can use to track all your food calories and exercise to help you lose weight.
I laughed so hard when I read that I had tears in my eyes. I could eat a LB a pasta every single night, day whatever!!!! I am obsessed with it. I did a little test last night and ate a nice amount(full plate for a change) of whole grain linguine with garlic, olive oil, fresh spinach, red pepper flakes, parm cheese, and two pats of butter(in with the olive oil)...I ate it at around 6:45-7pm and I could not believe my morning #...it was 95! Should have tested it after 2 hours though it was prob throught he roof, but 95 in the am? I used to have a 150+ in the am after eating pasata...usually had bread and some other thing with it too though. Still that was amazing to me. I do not recall if you have sugar prob or not but that is a really good reading after eating ANY kind of pasta the night before.
Thanks again for the info you gave to me you are so sweet
How are you doing right now, or should I ask what... I am having a hard time keeping everyone's history straight. Take Care!

annieonnie
annieonnie

July 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm #5

..my bmi was 44.6...i am morbidly obese, diabetic and was 47 years old and my donor was also overweight and smoked cigarettes ( a friend of mine that had 5 kids)
we had poor egg quality, and only 6 eggs ..everything was against this cycle and in fact the re wanted to cancel and i said absolutely no...
i got pg on the first try...had absolutely no problems at all during my pregnancy...diabetes was diet controlled until the nutritionist basically forced me to go on metformin at 34 weeks...saying i was not eating enough ...i complied and started eating more carbs (that was what they had the problem with..said i wasnt eating enough of them)
i had virtually no problems at all... my son was born vaginally at 40 weeks and exactly on his due date... and weighed 7 and a half pounds... ...he is now 3 yrs old ...extremely bright, very social and joy to be around.

i know my experience isnt an ideal situation but it worked for us...
i would like to say dont be too hard on yourself...life isnt perfect and not all mothers are in perfect health when they get pg even with OE.
I dont know who the original poster on this subject was but i wish them luck...
sorry i went and calculated my bmi at the time i got pg and it was higher than i thought...my memory fails me!
Thanks for the reply. I was happy to see the original poster putting this on here as well! I appreciate your reply to me very much. I just did my bmi again and it looks like 31ish obese...but I have to measure my height, because I could not swear to an actual number lol I mean I cannot even remember even paying attention to it when it was done!
Please read my reply to Christine above it has to do with sugar #'s and such.
Thanks again for the reply, and congrats on your success!!!

July 26th, 2011, 8:16 pm #6

I laughed so hard when I read that I had tears in my eyes. I could eat a LB a pasta every single night, day whatever!!!! I am obsessed with it. I did a little test last night and ate a nice amount(full plate for a change) of whole grain linguine with garlic, olive oil, fresh spinach, red pepper flakes, parm cheese, and two pats of butter(in with the olive oil)...I ate it at around 6:45-7pm and I could not believe my morning #...it was 95! Should have tested it after 2 hours though it was prob throught he roof, but 95 in the am? I used to have a 150+ in the am after eating pasata...usually had bread and some other thing with it too though. Still that was amazing to me. I do not recall if you have sugar prob or not but that is a really good reading after eating ANY kind of pasta the night before.
Thanks again for the info you gave to me you are so sweet
How are you doing right now, or should I ask what... I am having a hard time keeping everyone's history straight. Take Care!
But I probably am much better off now that eating far less added sugars and fewer simple carbs. I'm happy that whole grain pasta works for you!

Good luck with everything!