Remind me to never, ever EVER POAS ever again!!! (pg)

Remind me to never, ever EVER POAS ever again!!! (pg)

September 1st, 2010, 1:14 pm #1

This has been quite the rollercoaster of a week and confirms why one should never POAS. I started peeing at 9dpo all BFN through 11dpo. I thought it was over last night, the evening of 11dpo when the stick was white again. I was miserable, DH was in the depths of despair, both of us not believing that we were staring at yet another BFN. Woke up this morning (12dpo) thinking, this is it, if it's not positive, it's over. I peed in a cup so I had the option of using other tests in case there were any question....the Dollar Tree test was white as a ghost. I think I said every four letter word in the book, and then some! Then to throw in the towel, I thought, WTH, I'll do the digital EPT, knowing it would rub salt in my wounds by saying "not pregnant"....while the hour glass turned away I cursed it. LOL. Then, what came up????? But PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought surely the test was wrong, checked the expiration date, pulled out the other one and lo and behold another PREGNANT. So I thought, hmm, two false positives, could that be? So I ran to CVS, spent $50 on loads of tests, ran home and tried with every single one. All strong ++++++++. And for the record, the dollar tree one is still white as a ghost. I suppose you get what you pay for??

Sorry for the long ramble, but I cannot get over my good fortune, especially after thinking for sure it was over. So please ladies, take a lesson from me, and never give up hope when POAS. And try not to pee so early, as it is terribly emotional and chaos will surely ensue.

Now I'm praying that this one sticks. What a relief (for now). Thank you to everyone who has helped me along this long journey. I truly couldn't have done it without you all. What an intense year and a half this has been. Beta is on Friday.

Sending love, thoughts, prayers and light to all my sisters who are still struggling to be moms.

Audrey

September 1st, 2010, 1:17 pm #2

Audrey that is fantastic! Dang you $dollar store sticks! I'm so very happy for you! I'll be saying lots of sticky prayers! When is the official beta day? Congrats again! Enjoy today! You and your DH so deserve this!

All my best to you (and the bean)

ks

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

September 1st, 2010, 1:21 pm #3

This has been quite the rollercoaster of a week and confirms why one should never POAS. I started peeing at 9dpo all BFN through 11dpo. I thought it was over last night, the evening of 11dpo when the stick was white again. I was miserable, DH was in the depths of despair, both of us not believing that we were staring at yet another BFN. Woke up this morning (12dpo) thinking, this is it, if it's not positive, it's over. I peed in a cup so I had the option of using other tests in case there were any question....the Dollar Tree test was white as a ghost. I think I said every four letter word in the book, and then some! Then to throw in the towel, I thought, WTH, I'll do the digital EPT, knowing it would rub salt in my wounds by saying "not pregnant"....while the hour glass turned away I cursed it. LOL. Then, what came up????? But PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought surely the test was wrong, checked the expiration date, pulled out the other one and lo and behold another PREGNANT. So I thought, hmm, two false positives, could that be? So I ran to CVS, spent $50 on loads of tests, ran home and tried with every single one. All strong ++++++++. And for the record, the dollar tree one is still white as a ghost. I suppose you get what you pay for??

Sorry for the long ramble, but I cannot get over my good fortune, especially after thinking for sure it was over. So please ladies, take a lesson from me, and never give up hope when POAS. And try not to pee so early, as it is terribly emotional and chaos will surely ensue.

Now I'm praying that this one sticks. What a relief (for now). Thank you to everyone who has helped me along this long journey. I truly couldn't have done it without you all. What an intense year and a half this has been. Beta is on Friday.

Sending love, thoughts, prayers and light to all my sisters who are still struggling to be moms.

Audrey
to you!

September 1st, 2010, 1:26 pm #4

Audrey
I have tears of joy for you right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am so fricken happy for you. I scrolled down earlier to see if you updated your previous post and when I saw no update this morning, I was thinking, oh no, it must not be good news. This is the best news. Yes, those evil pee sticks will give you anxiety attacks. Now you can relax and I look forward to reading your beta news. Just curious, I know they were able to freeze one, were they able to freeze the other two?

Hooray!!!!
Last edited by dnj01 on September 1st, 2010, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2010, 1:39 pm #5

Audrey
So happy for you! I did the exact same thing with the two digitals and thought are they false positives then ran out and bought a bunch of different brands. It's just so hard to believe when you've going negative after negative. YOU ARE PREGNANT!!! WOOHOO!!

September 1st, 2010, 1:57 pm #6

Audrey that is fantastic! Dang you $dollar store sticks! I'm so very happy for you! I'll be saying lots of sticky prayers! When is the official beta day? Congrats again! Enjoy today! You and your DH so deserve this!

All my best to you (and the bean)

ks
Thank you ks, you're next sweetie!

September 1st, 2010, 1:58 pm #7

I have tears of joy for you right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I am so fricken happy for you. I scrolled down earlier to see if you updated your previous post and when I saw no update this morning, I was thinking, oh no, it must not be good news. This is the best news. Yes, those evil pee sticks will give you anxiety attacks. Now you can relax and I look forward to reading your beta news. Just curious, I know they were able to freeze one, were they able to freeze the other two?

Hooray!!!!
I lost one, one was frozen at day 5 and the other at day 6.

Thanks DC, what a wild ride this has been (for all of us!).

Ariadne
Ariadne

September 1st, 2010, 1:59 pm #8

Audrey
Great news, Audrey. I was very happy to read this today! What a story re. the sticks. OMG.

September 1st, 2010, 2:28 pm #9

Audrey
I'm so happy for you. And I love seeing yet another BFP on here. We're on quite a roll ladies!!

September 1st, 2010, 2:34 pm #10

Audrey
I'm so happy for you Audrey I've been checking everyday hoping to hear good news and today was the day! Congratulations!