Recommendations

Recommendations

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 11th, 2012, 9:28 am #1

Hi all,

Has anyone done ED in Europe, im looking into it and so confused as there are so many clinics do it in Spain, Cezh Rep, Ukraine etc.

I would really appreciate if anyone had success in European clinics.

Thanks!

September 11th, 2012, 10:56 am #2

but it took several tries. I think the clinic is pretty good. There's also a support group for women (mostly from the US but not all) who go there. You can find it if you google 'zlin ivf support.'

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 11th, 2012, 11:39 am #3

Thanks I heard of Zlin before - just googling them all, tempted to go with Spain but so many clinics there, not sure which is the best one to go to.

Reason I'd go there is because even though im from Ireland but with dark features, brown/black hair, brown eyes, black eyebrows/eyelashes etc.

Not fair but a bit sallow skinned so im thinking that most of the spanish would have the same features as me

September 11th, 2012, 2:03 pm #4

Hi all,

Has anyone done ED in Europe, im looking into it and so confused as there are so many clinics do it in Spain, Cezh Rep, Ukraine etc.

Thanks!
Hi, I also cycled at CRM Zlin and have twin boys from my second cycle there. Like you, I have darker features, brown hair and eyes, brownish black eyebrows and lashes, fair skin on the sallow side. My donor info says that my ED had brown hair and eyes, but my kids have dirty blond hair and blue and grey eyes. Now, that being said, one reason I chose Zlin was that my DH (despite the fact that I believed we would be divorced and I would be a single mom; I wanted to leave that door open) is of central and eastern European heritage, and I was using DS. So, one of my twins looks a fair bit like DH; the other looks, I think, a bit like his mom. So, Spain might be a better match, but my features look more stereotypically Jewish than Hispanic (I'm not; I'm pretty much an Anglo mutt), so I never considered it.

CRM Zlin is a bit more forthcoming about donor info, at least historically, than Spanish clinics or many other Czech clinics. My understanding is that they're making a liberal interpretation of the law in doing so, though, and they have drawn back when they've learned the patient community was sharing donor info, just FYI.

Have you visited the fertilityfriends.co.uk site? That's where you would get the real skinny on your DE options in Europe.

Advantages to CRM Zlin include that its prices are very competitive, cost of travel and lodging is affordable, and while it's not in a tourist area per se, it's easy to get to tourist attractions. And the area is just so beautiful. There are inexpensive, non-stop flights to Brno from Stansted in London, and then it's an easy train or car ride (probably bus, too, can't remember) to Zlin. A number of ladies here and on the ivfzlin.ning.com forum seem to have had better experiences at Zlin than at other Czech clinics. Oh, and they get a lot of women pg, sometimes women who have had a really hard time getting pg.

Wishing you well in your journey!

Maggie (in VA)

Dee
Dee

September 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm #5

but it took several tries. I think the clinic is pretty good. There's also a support group for women (mostly from the US but not all) who go there. You can find it if you google 'zlin ivf support.'
Do you know what the Zlin clinic's current success rates are? I've been cycling at a different clinic in C.R., but may consider switching at some point.

September 11th, 2012, 5:00 pm #6

Hi all,

Thanks!
I went to Intersono in Ukraine. Excellent clinic and a very high standard of care. Why are you looking at Europe specifically? I went there for price and my own ethnic background. I had 5 transfers there and had 3 pregnancies as a result. I had one ectopic and now I have 3 kids ( 1 singleton and 1 set of twins)I had fresh and frozen transfers and used DS as well. Let me know if you want more details.

September 11th, 2012, 8:15 pm #7

Do you know what the Zlin clinic's current success rates are? I've been cycling at a different clinic in C.R., but may consider switching at some point.
But you could go to the support board for Zlin that I mentioned above. Someone there might know.

All the best to you.

September 12th, 2012, 2:45 am #8

I went to Intersono in Ukraine. Excellent clinic and a very high standard of care. Why are you looking at Europe specifically? I went there for price and my own ethnic background. I had 5 transfers there and had 3 pregnancies as a result. I had one ectopic and now I have 3 kids ( 1 singleton and 1 set of twins)I had fresh and frozen transfers and used DS as well. Let me know if you want more details.
I also went to Intersono and had a great experience.  I have two DDs from one DE cycle.  The older is from the fresh transfer.  I then went back and had a failed FET.  Went back a third time and had a successful FET.  It is really a great clinic.  I also second Maggie's recommendation to check out the Fertility Friends UK if you have not already.

Pandora

Lisa
Lisa

September 12th, 2012, 7:30 am #9

I just googled Zlin's and no stats on their website of success rates via DE. It seems very cheap at 4,500 euros and wondering why as all of the other european countries are in the region of 6,500 euros to 8,500 euros, so i'm thinking that they might not first have the best equipment in their lab, etc.

What do you think?

Lisa
Lisa

September 12th, 2012, 7:33 am #10

Cope with having to do lots of tries with a clinic - expense and all that! In Spain their success rates for DE are 65% which is great.

Did you find the whole experience dealing with them good re language barrier etc.

HOw many times did you have to travel to Zlin for procedure re giving sperm, ET etc.

Did you make it as a holiday and stay for a week or two?

Thanks