Recommendations for clinics in Toronto?

Recommendations for clinics in Toronto?

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

March 16th, 2012, 12:58 am #1

DH and I are contemplating using an egg donor who is a former student of mine. She lives in Toronto. Spending a bit of time on google, there seem to be several clincs with "known" donor programs. Any recommendations?

Also, I assume that we absolutely need the embryo freezing to use vitrification technology, right? We are talking about doing single transfers only, meaning we need excellent freeze and thaw survival rates.

How do you know if a clinic is good?

smrc
smrc

March 16th, 2012, 11:30 pm #2

Hi Antonialisa - the only clinic I have had contact with in Toronto is Create (I have done some remote monitoring there for C.ooper)- although they are not fsh-friendly, they are well established and so you may want to take a closer look at that clinic.

Since you are considering single egg transfers, and freezing/labs will be important, do you think you should start by looking at FET statistics, etc. for various clinics? I know that the SART stats do not cover Canada, but the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society (CFAS) seems to publish a similar report - is it worth taking a look?

Wish I were more knowledgeable for you!

Will share anything else helpful. SMRC

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

March 17th, 2012, 1:08 am #3

Hope you are doing okay. Are you planning another transfer? Best wishes and hopes for you.

DH and I are exploring options still. Everything is so confusing. But DE makes me feel more hopeful so I'm putting more energy in this direction.

nycmomma
nycmomma

March 17th, 2012, 1:57 am #4

DH and I are contemplating using an egg donor who is a former student of mine. She lives in Toronto. Spending a bit of time on google, there seem to be several clincs with "known" donor programs. Any recommendations?

Also, I assume that we absolutely need the embryo freezing to use vitrification technology, right? We are talking about doing single transfers only, meaning we need excellent freeze and thaw survival rates.

How do you know if a clinic is good?
I ran across this in my search a few weeks back. I can't recommend any of them. Have heard that McGill is one of the best in Canada, not sure where they are though. In my search I ran across a fair amount of positive comments for ISIS and Markham as well.

Best of luck to you!

http://www.familyhelper.net/iy/iyclin.html

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

March 17th, 2012, 2:20 pm #5

thanks n/t

smrc
smrc

March 18th, 2012, 5:57 pm #6

Hope you are doing okay. Are you planning another transfer? Best wishes and hopes for you.

DH and I are exploring options still. Everything is so confusing. But DE makes me feel more hopeful so I'm putting more energy in this direction.
this whole process is so difficult/confusing but once you start to explore, the path ahead does seem to open up - it must make you feel relieved/excited to be exploring a plan b too. I'm excited for you.

I still owe you a note and will send - we are scheduled to do our FET later this week - feeling a bit scared/worried that I wont be able to handle the ups/downs that come with it, but we are going to go ahead (we have 3 frozen and may transfer all 3 (scary, yes!), depending on quality, which I'm still in the dark about). Thanks for asking.