RE wants to see me but won't say what its about

RE wants to see me but won't say what its about

Dee
Dee

February 20th, 2014, 3:57 pm #1

We did my DH's sperm frag test last week, and I called the office today for results. The person on the phone said the RE wants to talk to me, but would not say what it was about! I kept asking her if it was about my husband's frag test, and she said she did not know. That he just wants to talk to me. I am afraid now that its very bad news. I also don't like not being told WHY I am going in for a consultation.

LizLA
LizLA

February 20th, 2014, 4:19 pm #2

We had fragm issue. Dr from lab called me and explained that my DH will never have bio child, his fragmentation was over 50%.

After 3 months of vitamins and Proxeed we got prego.

Good Luck!

Dee
Dee

February 20th, 2014, 4:37 pm #3

how long ago was that? How long was your spouse on that protocol to improve his sperm?

I read about removing sperm from testicles it is less likely to be DNA damaged. I wonder if it could be an option for us.

I am not opposed to using donor sperm or donor embryo, so it wouldn't be horrible news for me. The RE's office could tell me this over the phone. I just don't like scheduling meetings when I don't know what it is about.

LizLA
LizLA

February 20th, 2014, 10:39 pm #4

He took vitamins for 3 months.

We had great fertilization and success from fresh and frozen.

I still remember how Dr gave me a long list of details...and when I told him that I don't understand...he gave me short version-no bio kids in your future. He was wrong:)

I was also considering removing sperm from testicles, that was my next step.

Dee
Dee

February 21st, 2014, 3:54 am #5

That is great that it worked out for you. My DH's sperm always fertilizes and produces good embryos, but they don't implant for some reason. That could still mean fragmentation.

I am just wondering did that doctor insist on telling you face to face about the sperm fragmentation? I don't know if that is standard protocol. I have always been given "bad news" over the telephone by RE offices. I am used to getting bad news (negative betas, chemical pregnancies, etc) over the phone, so what could be so horrible that he feels he can't say it over the phone.

LizLA
LizLA

February 21st, 2014, 8:01 pm #6

It was not my RE. It was actual lab which did the test, out of the state.

Ariadne
Ariadne

February 22nd, 2014, 4:13 pm #7

We did my DH's sperm frag test last week, and I called the office today for results. The person on the phone said the RE wants to talk to me, but would not say what it was about! I kept asking her if it was about my husband's frag test, and she said she did not know. That he just wants to talk to me. I am afraid now that its very bad news. I also don't like not being told WHY I am going in for a consultation.
nt

Dee
Dee

February 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm #8

It was yesterday. The made me come into the office to get the sperm frag results, which were okay. I do not know why they made me come in for a consult about this when they just could have told me over the phone.

February 23rd, 2014, 2:15 am #9

that issue out.

Dee
Dee

February 23rd, 2014, 10:36 pm #10

yes, the person who works at that clinic was being a jerk. Its as simple as that. She was too lazy to get a nurse to call me back, so she forced me to come in for an appointment to discuss my results with the RE. The RE was not happy about it either, since he felt it was an unnecessary waste of time. I plan to discuss her behavior with the clinic. I can't remember her name, but I know she was not a nurse (since she told me that). She is one of the women who work in his office.