question regarding release of info (success and loss ment'd)

question regarding release of info (success and loss ment'd)

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 2nd, 2012, 12:01 am #1

I just did my first DE cycle, which resulted in a pregnancy. However, at my 6 week ultrasound there was no fetal pole. I am told to expect a miscarriage (blighted ovum). It was a shared cycle and we have 2 frozens left. My RE refuses to release any info regarding the other recepient. Is this standard practice? I have been lurking quite a while and it seems like you ladies are given more info.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

January 2nd, 2012, 12:35 am #2

It must be hard to suffer from a blight ovum. I am so sorry as we don't expect this w/ DE.

FWIW, I know nothing regarding the other recipient on my shared cycle. I think it is very common for clinics to only give you info that you need to know.

I do know that my donor was proven from other cycles.

Hang in there.

Futurebeauty

smrc
smrc

January 2nd, 2012, 2:43 am #3

I just did my first DE cycle, which resulted in a pregnancy. However, at my 6 week ultrasound there was no fetal pole. I am told to expect a miscarriage (blighted ovum). It was a shared cycle and we have 2 frozens left. My RE refuses to release any info regarding the other recepient. Is this standard practice? I have been lurking quite a while and it seems like you ladies are given more info.
About your loss and sorry you have to go through this. I know from a past shared cycle at C.ornell in Sept (which got cancelled on us due to low egg yield) that we were not given any information about either the donor's progress and/or whether the other couple had success because of medical disclosure rules. In other words, on shared cycles, I was told you get much less information because the confidentiality of the other recipient's medical information would be involved and possibly compromised. I got much more information on a recent non-shared cycle as a result, although obviously not the same issues come into play. Hope the above is clear. C.ornell did seem to take a very conservative approach - it could be that other clinics are more liberal Smrc

thesameboat
thesameboat

January 2nd, 2012, 3:10 pm #4

I'm not in the US but I would guess this would be standard for privacy reasons. I wish you well with your FET.

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 2nd, 2012, 5:53 pm #5

I feel a little better knowing information is not being purposely withheld.