Question...(de mention)

Question...(de mention)

October 14th, 2011, 5:54 pm #1

Haven't posted on here in a while...But I log on every day....I'm 44 ...I'm hoping/planning to do DE in the spring of next year, but I'm trying to get geared up and psyched up now.

I'm really leaning toward RBA in Atlanta. Just don't know...Should I go to a local RE first for all the testing, or just start with RBA? My local RE does DE, but the stats aren't that good, and it seems like that is important. RBA has great stats. (A friend recommended the local RE, she said they were nice people, but she has been through the mill with no little one...they just keep doing the same thing, with no results for her....I feel so bad for her)

Also, I really like the guarantee that RBA has...I have read some good things about them after doing a search on the boards.

this is so huge for me...and emotional......Plus, not to mention when my family finds out, I think they will have a fit...However, I'll wait to tell them until I'm like 6 months along....DH said, "screw them"...wow, I love that guy....we were talking about names over breakfast....I felt like Dorothy in Oz...so surreal and scared to talk about it too much, like I want to be alot closer before we actually start talking about it

thanks for listening

anonforthis
anonforthis

October 14th, 2011, 6:34 pm #2

and have them do the basic upfront stuff and then ask them what they feel comfortable outsourcing. I think RBA has a great program and is a good choice (didn't use them though).

October 14th, 2011, 7:22 pm #3

thanks for your insight

October 14th, 2011, 10:17 pm #4

Haven't posted on here in a while...But I log on every day....I'm 44 ...I'm hoping/planning to do DE in the spring of next year, but I'm trying to get geared up and psyched up now.

I'm really leaning toward RBA in Atlanta. Just don't know...Should I go to a local RE first for all the testing, or just start with RBA? My local RE does DE, but the stats aren't that good, and it seems like that is important. RBA has great stats. (A friend recommended the local RE, she said they were nice people, but she has been through the mill with no little one...they just keep doing the same thing, with no results for her....I feel so bad for her)

Also, I really like the guarantee that RBA has...I have read some good things about them after doing a search on the boards.

this is so huge for me...and emotional......Plus, not to mention when my family finds out, I think they will have a fit...However, I'll wait to tell them until I'm like 6 months along....DH said, "screw them"...wow, I love that guy....we were talking about names over breakfast....I felt like Dorothy in Oz...so surreal and scared to talk about it too much, like I want to be alot closer before we actually start talking about it

thanks for listening
but we cycled with Nashville Fertility Center in TN. The nurse who coordinates their frozen DE program trained at RBA, and NFC has very good stats (no guarantee though). We got pg on the first try, transferring a single embryo from a frozen egg. I don't think you could go wrong with RBA, though (I know two people who had good luck there with regular IVF).

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you! I know it takes a while to psych yourself up for this. We started our journey thinking we would never go with donor anything, but here we are, and very happy about it.

October 14th, 2011, 11:22 pm #5

I live close to Atlanta...congrats on your most excellent outcome!! I have also been seriously thinking about just txing one embryo only, although originally I thought about 2...still not decided on that though
thankx for the info on NFC in Tenn...might check into that also
best wishes to you

October 15th, 2011, 4:03 pm #6

about how many to tx. Ours strongly recommended just one but would have let us do two if we'd wanted. We trusted her, as we'd been working with her a long time, and were happy to take her advice. Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

October 15th, 2011, 6:34 pm #7

thanks for that....Hoping to get an RE that I can work with and feel comfortable with.

thanks for the good wishes.... Best of luck to you also

Bg

Piper
Piper

October 18th, 2011, 3:10 am #8

thanks for listening
They have one of the best labs in the country and do a lot of cycles. As well, the staff is incredible, phone calls are returned promptly and your time is as important as the doctor's time.

I had fantastic treatment there and recommend it highly.

October 18th, 2011, 6:12 am #9

I live close to Atlanta...congrats on your most excellent outcome!! I have also been seriously thinking about just txing one embryo only, although originally I thought about 2...still not decided on that though
thankx for the info on NFC in Tenn...might check into that also
best wishes to you
The RE told me, based on my age and pregnancy history, that one or two embies would be fine to transfer. I went with two and both implanted. However, one vanished right at the time the heartbeat appeared in the other. Having two implant was terrifying because I knew that there are increased risks for untoward outcomes with twins, regardless of age, even of catastrophic outcomes. And twin pregnancies are more difficult for the mothers to withstand. And having infant twins is quite challenging. Then, as soon as the one conceptus vanished I was filled with sadness, real grief, at that brief spark that went out. So, if I were to do it again, I would transfer only one. I am pretty sure that in several European countries they only allow single embie transplants. Oh, and the stats for live births are almost equal for single as for double transfer. So you don't actually up the chances that much.