question about testing prior to DE overseas/argentina

question about testing prior to DE overseas/argentina

May 17th, 2011, 12:59 pm #1

I am in the US and planning on cycling on argentina in Aug, and need screening to send to clinic:

HIV (AIDS), Hepatitis B y C, y Syphilis
o Rubella serology
o PAP, breast examination, transvaginal ultrasonography and
hysterosalpingography.
o Cervical culture
o Blood type and Rh factor
o If the patient is more than 40 years old: hemogram, hepatogram,
lipidogram, glycemia, EKG (electrocardiogram), and
mammography.

my question is who do I go to for a "one stop shop"- my old RE or OBGYN?

May 17th, 2011, 5:01 pm #2

That's a good bit more extensive than what my U.S. clinic required for women over 45, never mind 40. They didn't require an EKG till 50. If they seriously want a hysterosalpingography, then I guess you'd want to go to your RE, BUT your RE is not very likely to be cooperative with helping you on a foreign cycle. Most of it, your GP would ordinarily perform or order; my GP ordered or performed most of the testing for my overseas cycle.

But I don't know whether anyone but an RE would really be equipped to do the hysterosalpingography. Maybe other ladies here will have an idea. I'm really surprised they want this -- yes, I know that tubes can be implicated in DE failure, but I've never heard of any clinic wanting this as a prerequisite for a DE cycle.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

May 17th, 2011, 6:35 pm #3

I am in the US and planning on cycling on argentina in Aug, and need screening to send to clinic:

HIV (AIDS), Hepatitis B y C, y Syphilis
o Rubella serology
o PAP, breast examination, transvaginal ultrasonography and
hysterosalpingography.
o Cervical culture
o Blood type and Rh factor
o If the patient is more than 40 years old: hemogram, hepatogram,
lipidogram, glycemia, EKG (electrocardiogram), and
mammography.

my question is who do I go to for a "one stop shop"- my old RE or OBGYN?

I cycle in Ukraine and my clinic wanted these tests as well. My RE, who is actually an ANP, ordered the tests and told me which clinician was best for performing them. Some of those tests are good for a year and some are only good for 3 months (Hep, HIV,Syph)so check the timing of your transfer. Good Luck!!

May 17th, 2011, 7:32 pm #4

For new STD tests when the results I had from my first cycle got too old for my second cycle. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

Barge to you Aufrect...
Barge to you Aufrect...

May 18th, 2011, 6:48 pm #5

I cycle in Ukraine and my clinic wanted these tests as well. My RE, who is actually an ANP, ordered the tests and told me which clinician was best for performing them. Some of those tests are good for a year and some are only good for 3 months (Hep, HIV,Syph)so check the timing of your transfer. Good Luck!!
I have been trying to follow you but didnt see your posting. Everything ok? Mine was 298, didnt we do our transfer same day? I hope everything is good with you and praying you had a pos outcome.

May 18th, 2011, 11:19 pm #6

Nope, my beta was a 3. I know SOMEBODY has to be in the 40% of unsuccessful outcomes and this time it was me...I was so hoping to be among the 60% of successful ones. But not this time. I will have to try again.

DE has never been the silver bullet for me. It took me 3 DE attempts to get my DD and I have given myself permission/money/energy to do 3 tries this time too. I am sad and disappointed but I will keep trying.If I am still unsuccessful after my next 2 tries I will have to reassess. Right now I trust my clinic, I trust the protocol and I am doing everything to maximize my chances. I have contacted my clinic about the possibility of going in July.

I have gotten PG twice before with this clinic and protocol so I am thinking it is just luck. One of those BFP's was ectopic, one became DD. It really is just a crap shoot after a certain point.

Brenda
Brenda

May 19th, 2011, 11:47 am #7

Sweetie, I should not have asked you,,,I should have known since you didnt post it...so sad for you. You have so much diligence and preserveance to get through all these DE cycles. I dont. You are a really strong person. I hope you take time for yourself and you are ok.