Question about hormones after failed DE (chemical)

Question about hormones after failed DE (chemical)

Violet
Violet

June 18th, 2012, 12:39 am #1

Hi
I got my period on 5/26 after a chemical. I felt like I ovulated around day 8 (early for me). I don't have my period and hpt says -.
I do have very tender breasts and feel pg. It feels like i have a lot of progesterone in my body. clearly I am not pg so now I am concerned my hormones are out of whack. Has anyone experienced this? I want to call my RE however I know they will tell me to wait it out.
Thanks
Violet

smrc
smrc

June 18th, 2012, 2:31 am #2

I'm very sorry for your chemical.

I had a failed DE/early chemical in January of this year. My RE said it would take at least 1-2 cycles to get my cycles back to normal. I ended up having a relatively "normal" cycle right away, but I do think the drugs remain in your system for at least a month or two, which could account for why you're having different/strong symptoms.

If AF does not come soon, would you consider going in for a beta, just to double check? It may be worth having some b/w done just to check where your levels are.

Hang in there and, FWIW, I TTC'd with my OE during those first few months after the chem, since you do hear that you can be more fertile during that time.

SMRC

Violet
Violet

June 20th, 2012, 2:54 pm #3

I appreciate your help with this. I am actually going to see my RE today and we'll get some bw done to see where I am.

How are you doing?
Violet