Q about lupron and E2 and breakthrough bleeding

Q about lupron and E2 and breakthrough bleeding

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm #1

So yesterday was day one for me to begin E2 pills and the patch. Also, yesterday my donor started her stims. I have been on lupron since 10/30/11. When I woke up yesterday, it felt like my body wanted to start AF as I took my last BCP on Tues but this feeling stopped once I took the E2. The same thing happened this morning. Should I ask the clinic to let AF come and then resume the protocol?? Will I be feeling this feeling every morning??? I go in for my next US/BW appt on 12/1/11.

Thanks for your wisdom,

futurebeauty

November 26th, 2011, 7:26 pm #2

BCP's you get AF. You go in for BW and US on CD2 or 3. If lining is thin enough, you then start E2 support. Are they having you do it differently?
Last edited by Kacee56 on November 26th, 2011, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 26th, 2011, 7:44 pm #3

So yesterday was day one for me to begin E2 pills and the patch. Also, yesterday my donor started her stims. I have been on lupron since 10/30/11. When I woke up yesterday, it felt like my body wanted to start AF as I took my last BCP on Tues but this feeling stopped once I took the E2. The same thing happened this morning. Should I ask the clinic to let AF come and then resume the protocol?? Will I be feeling this feeling every morning??? I go in for my next US/BW appt on 12/1/11.

Thanks for your wisdom,

futurebeauty

Same thing just happened to me and they told me it was fine. I bled lightly for a few days and then I was ok. My protocol continued as usual. Good Luck!

November 26th, 2011, 7:44 pm #4

BCP's you get AF. You go in for BW and US on CD2 or 3. If lining is thin enough, you then start E2 support. Are they having you do it differently?
Is this a US clinic? I honestly have not heard of doing this before. I have started estrogen support without getting AF, but only when it was determined by BW and US that my lining was thin enough and my E2 and P4 were also.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 26th, 2011, 10:35 pm #5

I had my lining checked on Wed and it was 5 mm and I have no clue what my B/W was but I got a call to stop taking my BCP later that day but to continue lupron and then begin E2 on Friday. Having AF crampy feelings every morning does not make me feel good about all of this.

E&H
E&H

November 26th, 2011, 11:56 pm #6

Thanks for your wisdom,

futurebeauty

If you stop BCP your period normally comes 4 to 5 days later, we will not start E2 unless lining is under 3 mm but I wonder if you have had previous lining issues where you couldn't get your lining thick enough to do a transfer and the dr is trying something new???? I honestly wouldn't think that 2 mg of E2 would hold off AF but I may be wrong. Surely the doctor knows what he is doing but I have never seen a protocol like that. Good luck future baby.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

November 27th, 2011, 1:07 am #7

In fact, previous docs have said that my lining is to die for. I have crappy eggs w/ previously proven fertility of OEs (DD 7 and DS 3 3/4 yr). I am nervous as we only have funding for one DE cycle and I want to make sure we do everything to boost my chances of success. I am on 2 mg of E2 3 x day plus vivelle patch and 10 units of lupron.

I have no clue. What questions should I ask to the clinic on Monday??

TIA,
FB

FB
FB

November 27th, 2011, 1:36 am #8

Is this a US clinic? I honestly have not heard of doing this before. I have started estrogen support without getting AF, but only when it was determined by BW and US that my lining was thin enough and my E2 and P4 were also.
yes, a US clinic in Houston w/ a great rep 9 (n/t)

E&H
E&H

November 27th, 2011, 6:48 am #9

In fact, previous docs have said that my lining is to die for. I have crappy eggs w/ previously proven fertility of OEs (DD 7 and DS 3 3/4 yr). I am nervous as we only have funding for one DE cycle and I want to make sure we do everything to boost my chances of success. I am on 2 mg of E2 3 x day plus vivelle patch and 10 units of lupron.

I have no clue. What questions should I ask to the clinic on Monday??

TIA,
FB
they didn't start your estrace with a thin lining, why you stopped birth control pills but started estrace without period coming? Is this the clinics normal protocol? What are the clinics success rates using this protocol?

Just because I have never heard of it doesn't mean that it is wrong. Maybe your clinic has had great success with this protocol and we all tend to stick to the protocol which has given us the best success. I know the protocol the doctors I work with are very different from each others.

I wish you a very successful cycle and would love to hear what your doctor says.

November 27th, 2011, 4:03 pm #10

either, but things are changing all of the time. CD2 or 3, means the 2 or 3 day of your period. This is when BW and the lining is usually checked before starting estrogen supplementation.