Provera to start period...

Provera to start period...

bethphx
bethphx

March 1st, 2011, 4:00 am #1

Do you have to take Provera for 7-10 days? My RE said 7 is fine but had a friend take it for 5 to start period. Just wanna get my period and get going with my cycle...

ks
ks

March 1st, 2011, 12:54 pm #2

I've had to take provera too many times to count, usually 7 days works for me. And then AF showed up 7 - 10 days later.

I hope she comes soon, so you can move beyond this cycle.

ks

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 1st, 2011, 2:05 pm #3

Do you have to take Provera for 7-10 days? My RE said 7 is fine but had a friend take it for 5 to start period. Just wanna get my period and get going with my cycle...
for AF to show. I actually think i just ovulated WTH! so that could be another 10 - 14 days before AF shows!!!

When I cancelled my cycle due to HH lining I thought once I stopped meds that I would get AF within days...what was I thinking!! that it was the same as a BFN stop meds then AF...NOT SO! I made a mistake! Now waiting & waiting.........

Good Luck to you!!

March 1st, 2011, 2:54 pm #4

When the RE was trying to tweak my cycle for upcoming surgery when he neglected to tell me to change my protocol. But it still took too long for my period to come, so we had to reschedule the surgery -- almost two months! It's just two days; I'd follow your doc's instructions. Know the waiting is hard, cuz I did it a lot. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

keifel
keifel

March 1st, 2011, 10:25 pm #5

This time around the RE actually had me take it for 12 days, then AF arrived 4 days later as they predicted. Usually, I've had to take it for 10 and AF is 4-5 days later. I didn't ask why the extra two days, but AF arrived punctually as predicted.