PIO side effects - Holy Cow Batman

PIO side effects - Holy Cow Batman

December 7th, 2011, 10:30 pm #1

Ok, so my butt is killing me from my first injection last night and I am a pediatric PT so I am up/down from the floor all day long and moving and twisting and bumping into things. Ok, so maybe I could deal w/ the pain/discomfort from this w/ my job but the thought of 20 injection site killing me is too much.

Ok, here is the deal breaker. I had to leave work early due to chills and flu like symptoms. I have been under the covers for 3 hrs and I am still cold. I was fine yesterday so I know it is not the flu.

I called the clinic and asked for Plan B: prometrium w/ crinone. I feel like a wimp but I have to work right now and this just sucks. I guess I am allergic to PIO. I have a good hx w/ Plan B and I should have asked for that in the first place.

I have to go pick up the Plan B meds soon.

Ugh,
futurebeauty

December 7th, 2011, 10:46 pm #2

I did three DE cycles and only on the third did we not use ethyl oleate but sesame oil instead and it was like night and day. The failed cycles, I had horrible lumps and bruising. The third, though I was on mucgh longer, was an absolute cakewalk. I think ethyl oleate is supposed to be less allergenic but think in retrospect I did have an allergic reaction to it. Sesame oil was so, so easy in comparison. I even used the easier butt cheek 95% of the time.

December 7th, 2011, 10:48 pm #3

cottonseed oil (n/t)

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 8th, 2011, 2:14 am #4

Ok, so my butt is killing me from my first injection last night and I am a pediatric PT so I am up/down from the floor all day long and moving and twisting and bumping into things. Ok, so maybe I could deal w/ the pain/discomfort from this w/ my job but the thought of 20 injection site killing me is too much.

Ok, here is the deal breaker. I had to leave work early due to chills and flu like symptoms. I have been under the covers for 3 hrs and I am still cold. I was fine yesterday so I know it is not the flu.

I called the clinic and asked for Plan B: prometrium w/ crinone. I feel like a wimp but I have to work right now and this just sucks. I guess I am allergic to PIO. I have a good hx w/ Plan B and I should have asked for that in the first place.

Ugh,
futurebeauty
One my first cycle I started doing them right before I was about to sit on the couch and wind down for some TV at night. On the advice of one of the nurses I switched to doing it right after dinner. I would massage and heat after injection and then walk around to do whatever chores I had to do and that seemed to help with the absorption. What size needles are you using? I also switched to one inch needles. If your BMi is on the lower side that might help too. Good luck.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 8th, 2011, 2:32 am #5

This is now hx for me as I am now on prometrium and crinone. I had no clue about massaging it out or using a hot pack. I bet these things would have worked but not w/ my body chills and flu symptoms. The flu symptoms kicked in this morning and I was in bed from 1 to 5 after having to leave work early. I have felt better since around 6pm and I think tomorrow only my butt will hurt. I have to admit that I do have a low pain tolerance but c'mon today was so so so awful.

futurebeauty

Katie Robins
Katie Robins

December 8th, 2011, 7:49 pm #6

Ugh,
futurebeauty
Yep, I am on day 28 of PIO and my butt is so stinkin' sore right now. It really just got bad this week. Needles going in hurt more, the build up of the progesterone is causing firm little pockets all over my hips/butt so the needle going in is just getting more and more painful. When I can't take it any more, I did order 20 packets of crinone to supplement the shots. Tomorrow is 6 weeks for me and I guess I have to keep doing this until 9 weeks? Not to mention the endometrin tablets at night.

fun times right now!

December 9th, 2011, 12:27 am #7

Of course, if it hurts now, that would diminish the desire to rub the medicine in. :/ But starting that way and keeping it up worked really well for me the last time.