pain ater PIO injections

pain ater PIO injections

bethphx
bethphx

July 18th, 2011, 11:55 am #1

I am so uncomfortable in my hip/upper butt area since starting the PIO I can't even sleep on my sides. Feels like a very sore pulled muscle and very uncomfortable when walking. I know heat is supposed to help a bit- but did everyone experience this? I ice beforehand because I usually have to give the injections myself and massage with a warm compress after. Always seems to hurt more in that spot the next morning but i am alternating sides and now both sides are very uncomfortable!

July 18th, 2011, 3:45 pm #2

Last night. DH gave it to me , I actually cried. I am still feeling sore in that area.

July 18th, 2011, 4:30 pm #3

I am so uncomfortable in my hip/upper butt area since starting the PIO I can't even sleep on my sides. Feels like a very sore pulled muscle and very uncomfortable when walking. I know heat is supposed to help a bit- but did everyone experience this? I ice beforehand because I usually have to give the injections myself and massage with a warm compress after. Always seems to hurt more in that spot the next morning but i am alternating sides and now both sides are very uncomfortable!
My first couple PIO injections were terribly painful and I had bad bruises. I think they get easier or my husband is just getting better at the "like you are shooting a dart" method.

July 18th, 2011, 4:34 pm #4

maybe it will help you too. I did not ice at all though I did warm the PIO ahead of time in my bra (not ethyl oleate, which caused horrible bruising, itching, and lumps - either sesame or peanut but I don't recall which) then when I was done I rubbed the bejiminies out of the spot and went on my way. I was actually able to stay in the easier butt cheek (I self adminstered) nearly the whole time! Only got one little tender spot and that was it. Here I was surprised to not get ethyl oleate after using it twice in absolute misery for failed cycles and wondered what the clinic was thinking but I used it for...what was it? 10 weeks? I don't remember anymore. Hope this helps a little.

bethphx
bethphx

July 18th, 2011, 8:39 pm #5

Last night. DH gave it to me , I actually cried. I am still feeling sore in that area.
Once I iced it till numb there was no pain when injecting ( and I have done half of them myself) so defintely try that. But I think Ineed to massage with warm pack for longer. So sore the next day though! The clinic said if you get a BFP you switch to suppositories thank God!

July 18th, 2011, 9:19 pm #6

you may be reacting to the oil. I started with sesame oil and had to switch to olive oil after a week or so because it itched so bad (I was on Benadryl round the clock until the new shipment came in). Soreness is normal, unfortunately, but if it's really unbearable, or you start to itch, call your clinic.