Our donor match is confirmed

Our donor match is confirmed

May 4th, 2011, 10:16 pm #1

We are going abroad to Czech Rep for our cycle and our donor is anonymous. However we get basic information like height, weight, hair and eye colour, education, whether proven or has children already etc. We submitted our "wish list" some time ago and are scheduled for a mid May retrieval and transfer. Well, we finally got our donor details and we are thrilled. This lady ticks all the requirements on our wish list. And now I sit here amazed that some anonymous person is going to do this wonderful thing for us. It feels so strange but so exciting too. I just hope it works for us.

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

May 4th, 2011, 10:20 pm #2

I remember exactly howw you feel, we were matched in March. It's so exciting, yet weird at the same time.

Good luck to you.

May 4th, 2011, 11:35 pm #3

We are going abroad to Czech Rep for our cycle and our donor is anonymous. However we get basic information like height, weight, hair and eye colour, education, whether proven or has children already etc. We submitted our "wish list" some time ago and are scheduled for a mid May retrieval and transfer. Well, we finally got our donor details and we are thrilled. This lady ticks all the requirements on our wish list. And now I sit here amazed that some anonymous person is going to do this wonderful thing for us. It feels so strange but so exciting too. I just hope it works for us.
Great news. It is a surreal experience for sure. I often could not wrap my head around that someone was doing it for us. Best of luck

May 5th, 2011, 2:18 am #4

We too went to the CR (and were successful on our first try - twins). I remember when we got the donor info and I was so excited and it made it all so real.

Crossing fingers and all!

ALM
ALM

May 5th, 2011, 2:26 am #5

Hey - first, that is wonderful news, best of luck to you!

Second, can you share why you wanted to go to CR and what the cost difference is/was? I'm SO tired of being on hold I could cry. Will they cycle single women? Noone has picked my donor yet to share a cycle, and I'm wondering if this might be a better option that's more of a sure thing.

If you could share some info when you have a moment that would be great. Thank you!

May 5th, 2011, 11:29 am #6

and you are indeed having a tough time. I read your post on your journey here on the other board and my heart goes out to you. Just when you are ready for this move and someone else stalls on you. I just hope someone will choose your donor soon.

I answered your post above with full details of my Czech Republic journey, should you want to consider that as an option. A very big difference is that donors are anonymous there, so basic information only is available. Suits me perfectly, but I know its not for everyone.

ks
ks

May 5th, 2011, 11:43 am #7

That is great news. Please keep us all posted on your cycles progress. Wishing you all the best!

ks

Brenda
Brenda

May 5th, 2011, 11:47 am #8

I hope it all goes smoothly for you. It will be over before you know it, how long will you be away?