other refund programs beside Attain?

other refund programs beside Attain?

nycmomma
nycmomma

March 7th, 2012, 9:37 pm #1

Are there any other refund programs out there that are friendly to women 40+ TTC via DE and allow SET?

So far this is the only program I've found, anyone know of any others?

nycmomma
nycmomma

March 7th, 2012, 9:40 pm #2

We are NOT interested in doing a shared or split cycle, fyi. Only a program that would allow a few fresh and frozen cycles, with a guarantee of funds (all or a portion) returned if no live baby.

DeeNYC
DeeNYC

March 7th, 2012, 10:23 pm #3

I know of a few..RBA in Atlanta, Shady Grove in DC/Maryland, SDFC in San Diego.

nycmomma
nycmomma

March 7th, 2012, 10:39 pm #4

AttainIVF is a 'program' that a number of clinics belong to. That's what I'm looking for, not specific clinics that have refund programs. Many of them do serious cherry picking and will not allow someone of my age to do a SET. Attain doesn't seem to have that issue, just wondering if anyone has heard of other reputable refund programs?

Denise
Denise

March 7th, 2012, 11:16 pm #5

I believe CNY is okay with SET and does not cherry pick for sure they have a $45,000 refund option... I know you do not want to split at CNY you could pick a split but cycle donor as a single for hopefully lots of frozens..

nycmomma
nycmomma

March 7th, 2012, 11:37 pm #6

I'm confused... probably something about the plan I don't understand, but what do you mean by 'you could pick a split but cycle donor as a single'?

I think their refund option is awfully expensive given their stats. IVF New Jersey has way better success rates consistently for the last few years, and they have a refund program with AttainIVF that is around $32-39, depending on what you do. I looked at CNY, but thought his pricing seemed out of whack based on IVF New Jersey's rates/fees.

Denise
Denise

March 7th, 2012, 11:57 pm #7

You can get a password easy to look at CNY donor database adult pictures etc.. There you would see donors listed as single or split cycle option. A donor listed as a split is a high producing donor that is why she can be split. If someone is first to pick a proven split donor they can cycle her as a single in hopes of getting some decent number of frozens hope that makes since..

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 8th, 2012, 12:18 am #8

I believe CNY is okay with SET and does not cherry pick for sure they have a $45,000 refund option... I know you do not want to split at CNY you could pick a split but cycle donor as a single for hopefully lots of frozens..
...obviously in case you have to go back if the fresh SET doesn't work, you want to know that you can continue doing SETs with frozens too without dealing with a high failure rate.

March 8th, 2012, 1:27 am #9

AttainIVF is a 'program' that a number of clinics belong to. That's what I'm looking for, not specific clinics that have refund programs. Many of them do serious cherry picking and will not allow someone of my age to do a SET. Attain doesn't seem to have that issue, just wondering if anyone has heard of other reputable refund programs?
I know first hand that they are big proponents of eSETS. And, their guarantee program includes the cost of donor, as you are using their frozen egg bank. I also know that they do not cherry pick in general. But, I must admit, I don't know that much about their guarantee program. It is something to look into though. Especially if you are only looking to have a few frozens from each cycle, if that.

Good Luck.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 8th, 2012, 2:56 am #10

I'm pretty sure that the only requirement RBA has is an age requirement. They do not cherry pick as far as the guarantee program. It's not like applying for a shared risk program. They have a $30,000 guarantee program where you get 5 fresh frozen egg cycles including FET's...and you get most of your money back.