OT-very upsetting dream- TTC related

OT-very upsetting dream- TTC related

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 2nd, 2012, 9:36 pm #1

I had the worst dream last night. I am very stressed after having far too many BFN cycles. I had a dream that I had just given birth to a baby boy. The baby was adorable and I was showing him off to his grandmother and other family members. All of sudden when I picked up the baby, he could speak as an adult and said the name of a relative by marriage that had fertility trouble in the past and later adopted a child. It was strange because I do not speak to this person much but will see them soon. The baby then starting pooping coins out of his behind. LOL They baby was clearly possessed in the dream.

Here are my concerns as I do believe that dreams at times have meaning. First, I looked up what it means to dream of a baby boy when not pregnant and it did not sound good. One site said that it was a bad omen or bad news. I then looked up what it means to dream about coins and I found out that one common meaning is lost opportunity. I am now concerned that by the baby in the dream calling out the name of an infertile relative that this means that I will not have success with donor eggs. Could this be the case? Am I just anxious? Anyone dream about anything similar and have a positive outcome?

August 3rd, 2012, 1:30 am #2

What I think it means is that your mind is filled with thoughts of ttc, babies, the uncertain future with its hopes, AND the costs going into everything.

I hope you soon find success.

August 3rd, 2012, 2:21 am #3

I had the worst dream last night. I am very stressed after having far too many BFN cycles. I had a dream that I had just given birth to a baby boy. The baby was adorable and I was showing him off to his grandmother and other family members. All of sudden when I picked up the baby, he could speak as an adult and said the name of a relative by marriage that had fertility trouble in the past and later adopted a child. It was strange because I do not speak to this person much but will see them soon. The baby then starting pooping coins out of his behind. LOL They baby was clearly possessed in the dream.

Here are my concerns as I do believe that dreams at times have meaning. First, I looked up what it means to dream of a baby boy when not pregnant and it did not sound good. One site said that it was a bad omen or bad news. I then looked up what it means to dream about coins and I found out that one common meaning is lost opportunity. I am now concerned that by the baby in the dream calling out the name of an infertile relative that this means that I will not have success with donor eggs. Could this be the case? Am I just anxious? Anyone dream about anything similar and have a positive outcome?
Well, the coins seem obvious to me...you have literally been sh-tting coins into the toilet with all of the expenses of TTC! And as far as him speaking the relative's name...maybe that was because this particular relative might be a good resource, someone who might understand your longing for a child even if you never talk to her about specifics...a reminder that someone else in your family suffered IF as well. I had lots of dreams about baby boys and now I have 3 children, so I can't believe that would be any kind of omen. I can tell you that I had always thought I would have a boy, but the day we baby danced and conceived my OE DD I had this very strong sense that the reason I wasn't conceiving is because the baby was meant to be a girl and I was blocking her coming to me because of my longing for a boy. Now, I normally don't believe in such things, so it was really weird that in that moment I stopped, looked up to heaven, and told her I wanted her to be my child and that was the month I conceived. When I did my first DE cycle (BFN) I did have a dream about little boy toddler. I looked at him and said, "I know you!" because he really resembled me and my family. Alas, that baby was never born, but on my frozen cycle I conceived my twin DE boys.

Dreams come from our subconscious, and are sometimes just random firings. I seriously would not take anything as an omen. I do a lot of visualizations, however, and think that those can be powerful tools. If you felt connected to the baby in the dream, you can talk to him and ask him for guidance.

August 3rd, 2012, 4:01 am #4

I think of it as a very literal dream. I think the coins are the cost of the medical procedures. Probably lots of big gold coins! And you are thinking about the relative you will be seeing soon. Your mind is just processing this stuff at night. But I don't see any bad omens.

I had bad dreams when I was trying to conceive, if I was lucky enough to sleep. And it didn't stop the arrival of my little one.

I wish you luck!

August 3rd, 2012, 3:28 pm #5

I agree. I'm very suspicious of these "dream dictionaries" because I think the symbolism in our dreams varies from person to person, and even with what's going on in our lives. Raindrops' interpretation makes sense to me.

Also, a wise therapist once told me to focus on the feeling in the dream: that will tell you more than the events. How did you feel? Dreams are a way for our brains to process everything that's going on in our waking life, and when TTC, that's a heck of a lot! (I have to admit, the coins out of the baby's behind made me laugh a little.)

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 3rd, 2012, 4:26 pm #6

Thank you all for your insight. I was so upset. I think it could be true that I'm worried about the financial aspect of it all which is why the baby had coins coming out of his behind. I must admit that this part cracks me up too. So strange.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

August 3rd, 2012, 5:54 pm #7

I believe that dreams are a window into our conscious and unconscious mind. Don't consult dream dictionaries - consult your heart and mind.

I believe that in many cases, different characters in dreams are also different aspects of ourselves. The baby could be a fragile, vulnerable part of you that your dream is saying you need to take care of right now. That baby (as others have pointed out) could be helping you take care of that need by pointing you to a valuable resource in your relative.

But only you will know what resonates for you. Dream interpretation can be really helpful, actually.

I used to have many dreams where I had a baby but could not/did not take care of it properly. These were horrifying dreams, but my therapist suggested that I was not looking after a needy, vulnerable part of myself. This really resonated for me. Once I could look after my own needs better, I started having beautiful dreams of looking after and loving a baby.

Also on the TTC journey, I had a dream in which an intruder in our house covered my mouth and I could not even scream for help. I woke up and realized that my DH and I really needed to have some tough conversations and our communication had become stifled.

BTW - baby sh_tting coins - hilarious! Obviously the financial aspects add a lot of sress to our psyches.

Dee
Dee

August 3rd, 2012, 9:08 pm #8

coins has to do with how much money you've been spending. Associating coins with lost opportunity is probably some ancient interpretation that existed prior to modern medicine. Think about it - a hundred years ago, nobody spent money on fertility help.

August 3rd, 2012, 9:15 pm #9

I'm so sorry that your dream has you a bit stressed. I hope you can look back at the coins part of it and allow yourself a little laugh. I just can't get that image out of my head. I'm in my 2-ww and really needed some stress relief. Thanks for the giggle.

annon on
annon on

August 5th, 2012, 3:34 pm #10

I used to think dreams meant something... but in the long run I think now it is nervous energy? Anyway I had every bad dream you can imagine for years...and you know what? Right after the weidest baby dream ever with all kinds of "hints" I hit the de jackpot! Good Luck and I would tell you not to worry, but if you are anything like me you will anyway. I used to worry about dreams that meant somthing...now I worry about this kiddo getting some sleep...and me too