OT: Etan Patz

OT: Etan Patz

May 25th, 2012, 3:50 am #1

My heart aches for Mr. And Mrs. Patz. I cannot imagine the pain they have endured all of these decades. The emptiness that can never be filled. And now, on the eve of the 33rd anniversary of their child's abduction, they may have finally found the killer. I just hope that this brings them at least a bit of peace. Knowing the love of a parent now, I just cannot imagine. I justw want to hold my baby and never let her go. I was about Etan's age, also growing up in NYC when this tragedy took place. This little boy touched us all.

May 25th, 2012, 4:43 am #2

So far, I haven't been able to get passed the headline, which says enough, having read earlier articles.

I totally agree with you. It's all I can do not to sob. Truly. I can't imagine & I can't imagine the agony ever goes away.

It's hard to fathom, hard to stomach. My heart just breaks.

May 25th, 2012, 5:30 am #3

My heart aches for Mr. And Mrs. Patz. I cannot imagine the pain they have endured all of these decades. The emptiness that can never be filled. And now, on the eve of the 33rd anniversary of their child's abduction, they may have finally found the killer. I just hope that this brings them at least a bit of peace. Knowing the love of a parent now, I just cannot imagine. I justw want to hold my baby and never let her go. I was about Etan's age, also growing up in NYC when this tragedy took place. This little boy touched us all.

It is common among lowlife criminal thugs to claim responsibility for heinous crimes in order to increase their prestige in the thug community. There is no body, and no evidence so far linking him to the abduction and murder. I think he's just another sick f@ck who likes toying with the poor Patzes. Notice that this is occurring on National Missing Children's Day as well. It sounds like an attention ploy to me.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'll need to see a lot more definitive evidence before I believe it.

ETA Some news reports make it sound very credible and that police believe they have their man, while other news reports state that the police are still skeptical and that this may be a hoax by a sick individual.

Will this ever end once and for all? My heart goes out to the Patzes. I cannot fathom the horror.

Last edited by biogal on May 25th, 2012, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 6:06 am #4

There are serious discrepancies (he previously claimed he stabbed Etan and now says he was strangled). Also, I think the handyman previously questioned said he was with the boy that morning. I too have doubts about this guy. Hope I'm wrong too.

May 25th, 2012, 1:25 pm #5

It is common among lowlife criminal thugs to claim responsibility for heinous crimes in order to increase their prestige in the thug community. There is no body, and no evidence so far linking him to the abduction and murder. I think he's just another sick f@ck who likes toying with the poor Patzes. Notice that this is occurring on National Missing Children's Day as well. It sounds like an attention ploy to me.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'll need to see a lot more definitive evidence before I believe it.

ETA Some news reports make it sound very credible and that police believe they have their man, while other news reports state that the police are still skeptical and that this may be a hoax by a sick individual.

Will this ever end once and for all? My heart goes out to the Patzes. I cannot fathom the horror.
Although I'm not sure that the dynamic of thugs seeking more prestige by claiming responsibility for heinous crimes applies in child abduction (and by association molestation) cases. And the suspect was a storekeeper at the time, right? Anyway, I agree, for all of us who waited so long and worked so hard to have our kids, the thought of losing one, especially in such a terrible way, just makes your brain shut down. I certainly hope the Patz family isn't being put through this by some nut job who is just seeking attention. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

May 25th, 2012, 3:02 pm #6

delete
Last edited by biogal on May 25th, 2012, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 3:16 pm #7

OK, I'd better delete, too. nt
Last edited by maggie1961 on May 25th, 2012, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 25th, 2012, 4:54 pm #8

I just felt like I was creating a gruesome conversation that would only be upsetting to readers signing on to get some inspiration and support for infertility. It's such an awful tragedy and I decided it was best if I didn't delve even deeper into the mind of sickos.

May 25th, 2012, 5:55 pm #9

Understood; figured that was it. nt

May 25th, 2012, 6:15 pm #10

I didn't see your second post (in response to mine) so please don't think I deleted mine in response to yours! I have no idea what you said. I'm sure it was fine.