Ok to lift after FET? Confused (Toddler mentioned)

Ok to lift after FET? Confused (Toddler mentioned)

Anon
Anon

March 16th, 2011, 11:48 am #1

Hi,
I'm confused about different opinions re. lifting after transfer vs not lifting anything. I mean, how realistic is that?
On the day of transfer, I didn't lift anything. I stayed at my parents' house (DH at work) and they lifted my 20 month old.

The problem is that she has a horrible cold and only wants me and after 1 day, it became harder and harder to say no. She doesn't understand and it breaks my hard.

So does anyone know the true reason for not lifting? I read somewhere that it's only for fresh OE cycles because the ovaries are sensitive. Is that true?

Thanks!

March 16th, 2011, 12:50 pm #2

You really don't have another option as you will have to eventually lift her. I tried not to lift my son the first day or two, but was back to normal activity after that. I had success with that cycle.

Good luck!!
Audrey

anon
anon

March 16th, 2011, 2:46 pm #3

Hi,
I'm confused about different opinions re. lifting after transfer vs not lifting anything. I mean, how realistic is that?
On the day of transfer, I didn't lift anything. I stayed at my parents' house (DH at work) and they lifted my 20 month old.

The problem is that she has a horrible cold and only wants me and after 1 day, it became harder and harder to say no. She doesn't understand and it breaks my hard.

So does anyone know the true reason for not lifting? I read somewhere that it's only for fresh OE cycles because the ovaries are sensitive. Is that true?

Thanks!
I think this is one of those things that REs suggest so you think you're doing something, but that hasn't actually been proven to help. I was unable to do any bedrest or lifting restrictions and got a bfp on a frozen egg cycle.

March 16th, 2011, 2:53 pm #4

Hi,

Thanks!
I traveled by myself to the Czech Republic for my successful cycle, and I ended up having to lift my luggage a number of times within 76 hours of transfer, and I got pg. Anyway, I've told this story before when topics like this come up, but when my older sister, who traveled to CZ w/me for my first, unsuccessful cycle, heard the list of the proscribed and prescribed behavior for the 2ww, she said, "Sounds like all the stuff they told us to do when I was a teenager [in the pre-Roe v. Wade era] to try to lose a pregnancy -- and it never worked!" Take care, and I hope you LO feels better soon. Maggie (in VA)
Last edited by maggie1961 on March 16th, 2011, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dee
Dee

March 16th, 2011, 4:04 pm #5

Hi,

Thanks!
I had to lift quite often (didn't have a choice). I too, cycled overseas, and had to carry my luggage and a 25 lb toddler. I think the only real risk of lifting is injury to your back.

Anon
Anon

March 16th, 2011, 4:09 pm #6

Hi,

Thanks!
Thank you all for replying and for the advice!! n/t

scrapfoo
scrapfoo

March 16th, 2011, 5:16 pm #7

Hi,

Thanks!
I did an FET on March 4. I didn't lift my one year old DD for the first week. After that, I couldn't take it anymore....I started feeling very guilty. I have been lifting her carefully but have asked DH to bring her up the stairs.

I'll let you know how it goes. My beta was this morning and I'mn waiting for my call.

Good luck,
Scrapfoo

March 16th, 2011, 6:02 pm #8

March 16th, 2011, 6:17 pm #9

Hi,

Thanks!
My clinic tells patients to stay in bed the day of the transfer and basically inactive the next day. I asked about exercise, and was told not to do that during stims or the 2ww because of the possibility of twisting my ovaries because of the stimulation. This was using my own eggs. I have not asked yet about any changes during this cycle, which is donor egg. Anyway,having said that, the vast majority of people who get pregnant do it the old-fashioned way and have no idea that they are pregnant for at least 2 weeks (when they miss a period),maybe longer. My mother didn't know until she was 3 months along,because her periods were irregular,anyway. I'm sure these people are lifting other children and doing all kinds of strenuous activities. (Think of pioneer women, and all the hard physical labor required every day just to survive. And yet, the human race continued...) I heard (like someone else mentioned) that the guidelines saying to avoid strenuous activity are mostly just so when women don't become pregnant,they don't think it was because of something they did. Sort of a can't hurt/might help philosophy. I heard that there is no proof that staying in bed makes any difference at all.I heard the same thing about the advice to women at risk of miscarriage. They are always told to stay in bed,but, statistically, there is no proof that this helps. Generally,any activity that is a risk to you is a risk to the baby. Anything that is no risk to you won't hurt the baby. Good luck!

March 16th, 2011, 8:06 pm #10

I just got the call...beta is 358. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Scrapfoo