OK, OK...I know I am the worst, but I needed to digest for a bit (preg ment)

OK, OK...I know I am the worst, but I needed to digest for a bit (preg ment)

July 28th, 2011, 4:23 am #1

We are pregnant. We have had 3 betas. The first was last Thursday, July 21 12dp5dt. The final one was yesterday (Wednesday). We are now waiting for our 1st ultrasound on August 9.

It is very hard for me to explain my emotions. I am just so grateful and pleased, but I am feeling kind of low key about it. Maybe just want to get more confirmation that this is "for real".

Funny thing, my dh has been out of the country for nearly 2 weeks, in a place where communication lines are not always reliable. I have shared the news with him, as best I could, and he is ecstatic, but I believe it will feel more real once I'm able to see him and we can share this amazing news face to face.

July 28th, 2011, 10:40 am #2

this is such great news. Hugs hugs

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

July 28th, 2011, 12:07 pm #3

We are pregnant. We have had 3 betas. The first was last Thursday, July 21 12dp5dt. The final one was yesterday (Wednesday). We are now waiting for our 1st ultrasound on August 9.

It is very hard for me to explain my emotions. I am just so grateful and pleased, but I am feeling kind of low key about it. Maybe just want to get more confirmation that this is "for real".

Funny thing, my dh has been out of the country for nearly 2 weeks, in a place where communication lines are not always reliable. I have shared the news with him, as best I could, and he is ecstatic, but I believe it will feel more real once I'm able to see him and we can share this amazing news face to face.
So happy to see your good news! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Julie
Julie

July 28th, 2011, 1:04 pm #4

So happy for you!

July 28th, 2011, 1:45 pm #5

Our ultrasound is tomorrow and I am so excited and so nervous. I think you are only about 5 days behind me. It will be fun! saying lots of prayers for us both!

bethphx
bethphx

July 28th, 2011, 2:10 pm #6

I think until I see the ultrasound I will not believe it- I think mine is aug 11 or 12th so right behind you. Congratulations and enjoy every minute!!

July 28th, 2011, 2:16 pm #7

That is fantastic! Don't beat yourself up about it not feeling "real." I think that's normal when you've been through all that we have with infertility, often with losses, setbacks, etc. I am 14 weeks now and much less anxious than before, but it still doesn't seem real sometimes (even though I've grown out of most of my clothes!). I'm sorry your DH isn't there to share this special time with you, but once he is home you can celebrate. Congratulations!

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

July 28th, 2011, 2:18 pm #8

Congrats Veesha, the best of luck to you!

July 28th, 2011, 2:48 pm #9

And, honestly, it is probably better to feel low-key about it for a while. There's just a lot that could happen; you understand that. And there's not a lot to do right now except eat right, rest, and take your meds. So, don't worry about not feeling more elated. I think a lot of us go through the same thing. Sorry you have to be away from DH at such an important time! Maggie (in VA)

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

July 28th, 2011, 3:05 pm #10

Just saw on pink board that you cycled at SG. Are you an out of town patient? I'm from MA and thinking of moving on to SG as an out of towner. I'm a little concerned about the coordination for out of town monitoring. Any feedback to share? Congrats again!!